memory of the fallen

A young blond haired girl wandered through a grand hallway, gold and silver lining the walls as multiple pictures of what appeared to be royalty scoured the wall.

Her ghostly figure was like Sand in the wind, her form fading away but remaining at the same time. Her rags were filthy covered in mud and blood. Her eyes hollow, void of any emotion.

Behind her two figures ran through the hallway one, a girl with silk like black hair the other a boy with thick and short black hair with their eyes both the same deep red.

The two ran, a happy and excited smile on their faces as the sprinted through the ghostly figure her form breaking for a second before reforming.

From the corner the two had previously turned what appeared to be a butler chased after them "lady Rin! Stop at once! You must obey your father!"

The young girl in her mid teens frowned, grabbing a hd of her brother and running faster down the hallway, the look on the butler's face only growing more frustrated.

She smiled at the small boy "c'mon Y/n let's go to our secret spot" she led him to her room, slamming the door behind the two as the blond figure followed.

Rin let go of Y/n's hand the young boy smiling as he though they were playing a game. Rins' skin was practically see through, it stuck to her bones like glue and no matter how much she ate and rest she would only frow thinner and weaker her frail body moved towards an old grandfather clock as she coughed into her hand, blood covering it as behind the clock revealed a small tunnel barley big enough for a man or woman to squeeze through.

The young boy quickly climbed through, with Rin close behind and moving the clock back in front of the tunnel seconds before the door was kicked open by multiple armed guards as well as the butler and a tall man with long blond hair and crystal blue eyes.

"Search the room! Leave no stone unturned! Find them and bring them both to me!" The man, willy tybur, commanded.

Ymir watched the scene, her expression unmoving.

In side the tight crawl space Rin gently pushed the young boy in front of her "hurry up dad will find is if you don't" she was desperate but tried not to show it.

"Blond bastard won't get me yet"  Rin cursed their father, he always was a liar.

When they came to the end of the tunnel a crudely built wooden ladder awkwardly stood, the top pressing against the roof tiles, water dripping onto the wood panel floor and forming a light puddle.

Rin panted lightly as she exited the tunnel after her brother, her weak body failing her as she tried to stand she would die within the hour.

She nearly collapsed, then and there, but her angel of a brother caught her "Rin!" He yelled terrified for his sister's safety.

"I'm fine Y/n, just fine" the pale girl leaned on her brother to hold herself up "open it" their feet patting against the puddle of water as he climbed the ladder, moving the tiles out of the way a flood of rain water pouring on his face.

He ever so gently helped his frail sister up the ladder the two of them looking up at a cracked and broken moon.

"Mum used to bring us up here when you were just a baby" Rin weakly smiled at the memory of their mother.

The moon reflected off of their matching eyes, the rain pouring on the both of them as a tear fell down Rin's face "she loved you so so much" her voice broke as she cried her dear brother's eyes watching in sadness for as much as he tried he couldn't remember his mother.

Time stopped around them as a black dog surrounded the area leaving only Rin, Y/n and the moon in Ymir's sight.

Out from the fog came the echo's of footsteps "she died a few minutes later and I became the new holder of this cursed power" the current day Y/n appeared from the fog tears streaming down his eyes.

"I'm immortal Ymir!" His hand grips his heart in pain "you're curse doesn't effect me! So tell me why in the hell did my sister die?!"

Ymir remains silent, her face looking down she couldn't give him an answer no logical reasoning could explain why she died.

"Why the hell did it have to be her Ymir?! They say you're a god so tell me!" The tears continued to fall as he gripped the founders shoulders making her look at him "why did my mother die? Why did I die when I tried to protect Sarah?! Why do I die so many deaths?!"

"Because they didn't want to..." the girl quietly whispered his hands gripping her tighter "they didn't want to what goddess?" His tone turned threatening as the young girl, for all the power she had, was for once in a very long time truly scared. "They didn't want to live! You may not have my curse but you have your own! Everytime you die it becomes stronger and stronger! After years you become fused with every soul of the previous owner until you don't know who you are anymore and it'll tear you apart until you don't want to live!" The girl blurted out in a panick "just like it did to  Dimitri just it did to your mother Bd just like it did to Rin!"