Levi

Y/n stood in the men's bathroom splashing cold water on his face as he looked at himself in the mirror a red puffy-ness lining his cheeks and eyes as he sniffed and let out a sigh. In the mirror's reflection he could see a figure leaning on the wall his short black hair all too familiar.

"Levi" the young man straightened himself and adjusted his collar before turning to his brother a solem look on his face.

"You done feeling sorry for yourself brat?" Levi was always harsh but it was just his weird way of showing people he cared about them.

Y/n remains silent his gaze from Levi shifting to the old wooden door before he begins to walk towards it, his shoes slapping against the floor boards as they creak and squeak beneath him his hand out stretches for the door before Levi's voice stops him.

Letting out a sigh the smaller man changing his position and standing up straight his arms dropping to his side's "I...I don't hate you Y/n" Levi was somewhat reluctant to admit it expressing his feelings was never something he was good at "I..I was just; angry, confused, sad and lonely" for the first time in his life Levi was opening up to somebody, unleashing a flurry of emotions some from years long past.

Levi felt a hand on his shoulder looking up he saw the younger of the two of them, his face fully of potty as he brung Levi into an embrace one like he hadn't felt in a long time one like his mother use to give him all those years ago "it's okay Levi...I understand what it's like to feel like your world is crumbling around you and you can't do anything, I understand" Levi wanted to cry, for the first time in a long time he felt the warm love of family he felt like somebody understood him.
___________________________________

"I would like to reinlist in the scouts" the loud thud of files of paper slammed onto Erwin's desk as Y/n stood before him his black hair tied in a bun and his pale complection almost glowing in the dim light of the room.

"May I ask why?" Erwin day back in his chair, his gaze watched Y/n as if studying him with his blue eyes watching every moment of the scene before him "my place is on the battlefield sir, it is where I feel at peace" Erwin leaned forward, genuinely interested as to what Y/n was saying, the small candle light bouncing off of their faces.

"Peace in chaos? Now that is an interesting thought but why throw what you have away Y/n? You have a family, people who love you and people you love" Y/n's original answer wasn't enough for him he was hiding something and Erwin would pry it from him.

"To be honest sir, I don't know myself but it is the path I have chosen to walk" again, a half truth though he didn't know himself deep down he had his reasons. Erwin controlled his curiosity for the time being though he would get that answer eventually even if it would kill him.

"This is a generous offer Y/n but given your attack on the royal capital it is a wonder how you haven't been hunted down by the royal government yet especially considering your power" Erwin sat back in his chair once again the fireplace slowly burning as the curtains remained shut "everyone in the walls knows of the large purple titan that sprung from the royal palace yet here you stand before me. Given your current... predicament if I was to take you in the scouts would be more hated than we already are so you see my problem?"

He let out a groan of course that was the problem "politics?" Y/n's  face contorted into one of disgust, politics messing with his life was something he had grown to hate during his time at Marley. "Politics" Erwin confirmed with a nod of his head.

"I understand commander" Y/n stood from his seat saluting the commanding officer of the scouts and making his way for the door "All though Y/n there is something I'd like to discuss with you" Erwin's voice came from behind him the blond amn stood straight as the cracks from the fire could be heard throughout the room "this... ability of yours, I would like to know more"

Y/n went to speak but was cut off by Erwin raising his hand "not now, these walls are paper thin in private come meet me at a café by the river on Monday" Y/n slowly nodded his head, Erwin was up to something and he knew exactly what he was going to do.

Leaving the room Y/n was met with a slap from Frieda and then a tight embrace "you idiot!" She yelled at him the red mark on his cheek leaving as soon as it came "joining the scouts again?! Are you serious?! You'd abandon me to go and kill a few titans?!" She squeezed him tighter she wasn't being mean or trying to insult him she just cared on him too much to let him go.

He wrapped his arms around her one stroking her black hair and the other around her waist "I'm not going to abandon you, not now not ever I just..." He sighed "I don't know what I was wondering" he wanted to join the scouts again and feel that freedom of flying through the sky like a bird but he couldn't.

Her head was buried in his chest as the somewhat childish young lady held him "Erwin want's to meet me on Monday at a café by the river in trost" he announced as the began to walk down the halls, Frieda having picked up the box and handing it to him. The young queen nodded her head and continued to walk down the hallway "and I was wondering...how much control do you have over the memories of the subjects of Ymir?"