no regrets chapter 1

No regrets
Chapter 1
The wings of freedom

"I don't understand. I never have. I trusted my own strength...I trusted in the decisions of comrades who had earned my faith....but still...no one knew what the result would be"

844
The last territory left to humanity after the Titans appeared is surrounded by three concrete walls. Starting with the outermost, they're wall Maria. Wall Rose and wall Sheena. In the most protected location at the centre of the three walls is the royal capital. This is the centre of all human activity, including the government and the economy.

Around the royal capital stand rows of splendid palaces.

The people who live there are assured a luxurious lifestyle.

But...even in the capital, amid all that splendor...no because of all that splendor, there exist dark, stagnant places.

A city surrounds the Royal capital...and beneath it lies a vast living space.

The underground. According to old documents, at one time humanity considered living underground to escape the treat of the titans.

In the end, this exodus was called off, and vagrants and criminals moved into the ruins that remained. The deepest sections became slums, abandoned even by the royal government.

Today, even the military police are reluctant to set foot there.

"There are four, 50 metres behind!" Furlan notified the others as the flew through the air using their 3DMG "I've gotta hand it to them, working even at a time like this..." Isabel changed her position using the gear. "There aren't that many today" Furlan turned to look at the MPs again.

"Hmph. Those military police guys just don't learn... Hey, levi! Y/n wasn't that cool what I just said?" The redhead seamed rather cheerful until levi shut her down "don't be stupid" the black haired midget glared at her. Y/n laughed "yeah off course, you looked soo cool" sarcasm laced his every word. Isabel pouted at him to which he just laughed at.

"Anyway we can't afford to lead them straight to our hideout. It's a pain but...Furlan, Isabel, Y/n" levi called
"Yeah"
"What?"
"Right!"

"Here we go!"

The four stayed in the air for a second before gravity dragged them back down the four used the momentum to swing under an arch way, saving a lot of gas that would've been spent. "YEEHA!!" Isabel screamed clearly loving the feeling of freedom the 3DMG gives her. The redhead jumped over a fat man "outta my way!"

Levi hopped over a cart, knocking over the wooden structure."damn it...You damned hoodlums!!" The middle aged man shouted at levi. "So uncivilised" Y/n mocked as he ran across a wall before jumping of and sliding done another cart.

"Hey" furlan grasped Levi's attention "they're still coming after us." He looked behind him "and they're even closer than before" referencing the scouts that had been following them.

Levi looked back silently to observe the figured that were following them
"Not bad for military police!" The enthusiastic redhead of the group chimed "so today they've decided to get serious and actually try to catch us?"

"Things must be so quite topside they have time for a business trip underground" Furlan's 3DMG hissed as the gas propelled him forward "shouldn't they be taking the king's temperature or something? What a bother"

"No...something's still strange" levi took his attention away from the current situation to analyze the strange behaviour "in the first place, there's no way those lazy MPs would work this hard. To be able to fly so straight through this rabble would mean...but it can't be" he thought as his eyes set on an up calming rock pillar that held the city above up from collapsing