bonds that break and reform

Marley. A feared nation on its own. Its raw military power was stronger than that of many other nation or country's. But what made Marley truly feared was the warriors. Subjects of Ymir that were trained from a young age to have absolute loyalty and were the best of the best in any form of combat. This on its own was frightening  but the thing any enemy of Marley feared was the power of the titans within Marley's possession.

Currently, five years after Y/n was initiated into the warrior program. Him, Zeke and peick were battling a small army in a bit of ocean quite far from Marley. The army was a splinter faction of the mid-east allied forces. Tensions between the two militaries and politics had become increasingly heated in the past few months and this splinter faction, a small navy, had spilt form the main forces. Marley took the liberty of handling the situation. Not only to flaunt their might but because the marleyan military had reason to believe that they were part of an eldian rebellion group. 

The young titan shifter walked along the empty halls of the titan attack ship. His feet making loud bangs as his steel boots hit the floor. Y/n was slowly making his way to Zeke Yeager. One of Y/n's  few close friends and one of the two people Y/n knows he can trust.

The ship itself was massive measuring at 284 metres long and could hold 1600 men. It resembled an aircraft carrier with its long runway on the top. But the ship was made specifically to help the warriors in titan combat, the ship was designed to provide extra maneuverability on water. Zeke would throw artillery while Y/n and peick took the more direct approach.

As Y/n continued to walk crew members saluted him as he did the same as a sign of respect. Walking to an open door the young H/c haired man entered to see Zeke talking to the captain of the small fleet they had brought along with them.

Y/n stood at attention, Zeke moved his blonde hair out of the way to see Y/n, a small smile creeping onto the warchief's face.

Zeke:"at ease Lockhart, we aren't on duty yet. You should be relaxing. We have a long talk ahead of us" what Zeke was talking about was the negotiations between the splinter faction and Marley. Though both Y/n and the warchief knew they will most likely go to battle.

Y/n:"what? Am I not allowed to see my friend?" He says as he walked over to the planning table that showed the expected position of the ship's and how far away they were.

Zeke:"haven't you got peick to talk to?" The blond looked at Y/n, raising an eyebrow to question the young man's recent actions.

Y/n:"I.."

Zeke:" may we have some privacy captain" the captain of the mighty vessel nodded his head silently and walked away towards the bridge of the ship.

Zeke:"you've become distant of peick lately. Which is odd considering how close you two are." He knew exactly why Y/n was distancing himself from peick and the other warriors. It was the same thing soldier's do to their wives before they're sent of into the battle. He just wanted to hear Y/n say it.

Y/n sighed:"I don't want to hurt her. This is my last mission before going to infiltrate Paradis. I don't want to leave her heart broken. I want to "soften the landing". So when I leave she won't be as hurt to see me go." The loyalty and dedication he had to his friends was something Zeke loved about his best friend. But Y/n's  judgement was often clouded with a lack of social experience.

Zeke:are you sure you're doing it for peick?....or are you doing it for yourself. Quite selfish to abandon her-" Y/n's hands slamming on the planning board caused Zeke to look into the eyes of the emotionally stressed boy.

Y/n:"I'm not abandoning her!! And I'm not doing it for me!" He was lying to himself. Plain and simple, he may not know it but lying to himself would only cause him more torment.

Zeke:"how do you know that? Or are you just lying to yourself to make you feel better about yourself? You won't see her for five years unless the commander changes his mind that's a long time for the curse to take affect..." Zeke's face was calm and calculated, he was playing Y/n like a fiddle and Y/n fell right into his hands.

Y/n's  knuckles became white as he became more furious with his commanding officer.

Y/n:"shut up!"

Zeke:"and then you'll be left alone...again. destained to repeat the cycle of your loved ones coming and going-" Zeke fell to the ground holding his cheek in pain as he looked at the raging titan shifter. Steam visibly poring from his body as his eyes turned a light red.

Y/n:"you know nothing of what I've seen Zeke. Your just a man who thinks he knows everything and see's everyone around him as exploitable and you dare judge me?! Your pathetic!" He roughly picked Zeke up from his collar and looked him in the eye.

Zeke:"it's really not that hard to get you worked up is it? That's something you might want to work on in the walls" Zeke fixed his glasses. But a devilish smirk appeared on his face.

Unbeknownst to Y/n peick had heard everything he had said. But instead of judging him. She thought it was rather sweat. Slowly tip toeing her way into the room she snaked her arms around Y/n's  neck and covered his eyes. Y/n dropped Zeke without warning, making him drop to the floor.

Peick:"guess who?~" her voice was childish, mischievous and teasing like a little devil trying to get his first deal.

Y/n:"uhh peick?! How much of that did you hear?!" The young boy jumped at the sound of Peick's teasing voice and although he wouldn't admit it. It scared him a little.

Peick:"enough~ and oh how sweet you can be Y/n~" Y/n blushed as peick rubbed her cheek against his. 

Y/n:"s-shut up. and let me go already!" Zeke chucked at the two love birds. The other warriors had to tell peick to get off of Y/n and focus on training multiple times and thus naturally calling them "lovebirds" became quite common.

Peick:"I'm afraid that's a no can do" she giggled as she pointed to her wobbly legs.

Y/n sighed and looked at peick.

Y/n:"stupid four legged titan can't even walk without crutches" he mumbled to himself before picking the raven haired girl up bridal style.

Peick:"oh and once again you come to my rescue" she sarcastically remarked.

Y/n looked at his friend with an annoyed look "I will drop you"

Peick:"no you won't"

Y/n:"bite me"

Peick:"only if you-" Zeke faked a cough to get their attention and interrupted them.

Zeke:"anyway! Get ready you two, we have half an hour before we meat for negotiations and please be on your best behaviour. Am I clear?" Zeke spoke in a threating tone. All things considered Y/n did know Zeke actually cared about his comrades he just had a weird way of showing it.