The room

(A/n) hi, so I was rereading through my current story and realized that somethings I've written don't make sense. I kinda forgot about the whole student thing. Going forward I'll pay more attention to minor details such as this. I also saw that my writing is getting fairly sloppy, so I'll try to make things not as cheesy I guess. Thanks for putting up with these things)

*(Y/n) POV (flashback)*

Mom needed to run to the store for a couple of items and I decided to go with her. The sun was bright and warm, and the breeze just right as we walked down the street to the store on the corner. Mom held my hand the whole way since I was too young. As we walked we saw an old man. He carried some bags that looked heavy and he was using a blind walking stick. Naturally my mom asked if he needed any help. He thanked us but ultimately declined. While they chatted I took the opportunity to look and see what was in the bag, my six year old mind getting the best of me. In the bag was some bandages, some bread, and other medical equipment.

"Is someone you know sick sir?" You ask. The man looks a little taken aback by my question. But soon a smile crossed his face as he turned towards my voice.

"Not terribly hurt in the outside, but sometimes people can be hurt on the inside too. My little boy at home seems to be hurt a lot on the inside." I nodded my head but I guess I still didn't understand.

"Does he need bobo?" I ask gesturing the the stuffed animal I held. "Bobo always makes me feel better."

The old man laughed, "it's ok, you can keep bobo, I have something to give him that I think will make him feel better too, so don't you worry."

"Okay then mister, if you say so." I said. My mom took my hand again, once again asking the man if he needed help, but he declined again.

"Well then, we won't take up anymore of your time." My mom told the man, "enjoy the rest of your day."

"You too, and take care of that bobo of yours." I smiled, "I will." and with that, the man was gone. I never did see him again, but I hoped he was alright. Mom and I went home after we finished our shopping, and I couldn't help but think, what was it that the old man gave that boy. 

*time skip (present) (Y/n) POV*

I awoke with a jolt, I was lying in a bed. It was almost as if I had dreamed everything up. Had it not been for the fact that I didn't recognize the place, I would have thought as much. As I rise out of bed, I take in my surroundings. The room had wood flooring, and pale blue painted walls. There was only one window with some white curtains that were open, allowing the sun to shine through. The room held a bed, and a nightstand, with a vase of flowers on it. Now that I was looking at the flowers, I notice that there is a piece of paper attached to the vase by a string. I reached for the paper. The paper read:

Welcome (Y/n),
Do you like your room, I couldn't decorate it but I figure I can leave that to you.
I didn't know what color you liked for your walls so I went with the color blue, you can hardly go wrong with that color.
I hope you come to enjoy your time here.
You are no prisoner. Your door is not locked,  so feel free to explore.
I will return shortly, enjoy the flowers.

- W

You approached the door and turn the handle, sure enough the letter spoke the truth and the door opened. You walked down the hall, you needed to find Zack and quickly. The hall had three doors, one lead to a bathroom, and another to a living space. The last one was locked. You could only assume that was the way out. You began to look for a key. Right when you entered the living area, you heard a soft sound. It was the sound of a footstep. Someone was coming. You quickly hid behind the sofa, right as you ducked out of sight. There was a jingle, and the door opened.