A promise (2)

Y/n's POV:

As you sat on the couch of the now empty room, you thought of something you could do. You looked to the corner of the room and to the camera that hung there. The light on it was glowing red. That meant that someone somewhere was watching. Just then the thought came to you. You ran back to the bed room grabbing all the blankets and pillowcases. You couldn't see anything sharp in the room, which was a problem because you needed something sharp to tear the blanket apart. You looked to your left at the flowers that sat in the vase. You picked up the vases, apologized to the flowers before smashing it onto the ground. You bend down and found the largest sharpest looking piece of the now shattered vase, and used it to cut the blanket into smaller rags. You then went around the small apartment scouting all the cameras and draping the rages and pillowcases over them. Once satisfied that you had gotten all of them, you waited patiently by the door. You hoped this would work. It wasn't long before you heard commotion at the door. You braced yourself, vase piece still in hand. As the door opened you leapt at the first person to walk in with the vase shard. You stabbed the man in neck, you heard his gargling behind you, but didn't stop to look if you had damaged him enough, for you felt the presence of another behind you. You raised your hand ready to strike again, at the other man but he caught your wrist. "GEEZ! WATCH WHERE YOU SWING THAT THING! YOU COULD'VE KILLED ME!" You look up with relief, to see those all too familiar eyes. "ZACK!" You shouted, as you wrapped your arms around him. He froze but then brought both his arms around you. "I'm so glad your alright" you sighed into his arms. "Yeah, me too. Are you alright?" He asked. "I think so" you replied. Zack cleared his throat, before breaking the embrace. "As lovely as this moment is, we should probably find a way out first." He pointed out. "Right."

Zack POV:

We walked down the long hallways, Y/n suggested we try to find some stairs. It seemed logical, though I was never good with logic. After about five minutes of walking around we found the stairs. We were currently on the 3rd floor. We scaled down the stairs to the first floor. We opened the door, expecting to be surrounded, but no one was there. This wasn't a mistake, even I could tell. He was letting us go. The exit was just a little ways down the hallway from there. We made it out with no trouble, but now the real problem occurred, how did we get back home? Home. The word still felt so new to me, and I didn't deserve to use it. It's not your home. I reminded myself. You have to leave eventually. I look over to Y/n at my side. Even now she was bright and confident and she walked down the road, unsure of wear it would lead. I didn't want to leave her side, I finally admitted to myself. But you have to, nothing good ever comes out of being close to people. I continued to walk silently beside her. Something in me ached to be closer, I reached out for her hand, but stoped myself. What was I thinking? Holding her hand is not an option, I'm getting too close, I need to leave soon, I can't stay forever. I'll just make sure to get her home safe, I told myself. Whatever it takes, even if the cost is my life. I will promise you that.