Chapter 27 - The Bowling Trip

Chapter 27 – The Bowling Trip

Elise comes out of the lounge with Niall hand-in-hand. They’ve obviously kissed and made up. I knew that he’d be able to make her come round when he came in with the guitar. Well, to be honest I knew they’d be back together sooner or later. Elise and Niall are made for each other, whatever happens.

They’re both smiling they’re heads off, although Elise’s face does look a bit blotchy, possibly from crying. Elise runs over to Liam and throws her arms around his neck. Liam chuckles, and pats her back, hugging her back. She thanks him over and over again for some reason.

“It’s fine Elise, really,” Liam replies, looking slightly embarrassed. Bless him.

I smile at how modest he is, he really doesn’t like all the attention. Elise hugs him again, thrilled with what he’s done, and when they break apart Niall pulls him into a hug also. Liam looks shocked at first, but after a few seconds returns the hug. Just as they split, someone nudges my elbow, and I turn to look who it is. Harry.

“Hey Haz,” I say, turning to face him. Harry nods and pours some more wine into my glass. I thank him. A few stray curls fall onto his eyes, but he pushes them away.

“How are you? We haven’t had a gossip in a while,” Harry replies, and I laugh ruffling his hair. He yelps, trying to fix it. Since he already has the messy look, I practically did him a favour!

“Yeah I’m good. Liam and I are going well. You know, we’re going steady and it’s good. I trust him, and with past boyfriends I haven’t felt that much before. I don’t trust easily,” I tell him, and Harry nods once more. “It’s hard you know, most of my loved ones ended up untrustworthy. My mum, dad, grandparents.”

Harry sighs. “I’ve always been jealous of Liam’s relationships. I mean, he’s always been so good to girls and thought of the right things to say. He’s truthful with them, and that’s hard. I’ve usually felt like if I voice my opinion I’ll hurt them. Whereas, Liam says it how it is, in a nice way so it won’t hurt them. But you and Liam aren’t like his other relationships. He loves you to bits, and whenever he looks at you he’s got a look in his eyes that shows he’d do anything for you. And now I’ve found the girl I want to be with forever, I feel exactly the same way. I’m confident with Jen. She brings out the best in me.”

I smile warmly and pat Harry’s shoulder. He’s staring at Jen, as she babbles on to Louis about something completely random. She really is perfect for Harry. She’s like the girl version of him.

“She really does love you Harry,” I say.”

Harry grins. “I flipping hope so, ’cos I worship the ground that girl walks on.”

***

“STRIKE!” Harry shouts as he runs back towards us all and doing a jig. Jen gives him a victory kiss. When they break apart he screams, “BONUS!” Jen shakes her head and pulls him down next to her, telling him to calm down. Harry pouts, and Jen quickly kisses it away. He winks and they carry on kissing. I look away and cringe. They really need to get a room.

Harry, Jen, Liam, Niall, Elise and I are all at the bowling alley, waiting for Zayn, Cat, Louis and his date Eleanor to arrive. We’ve booked two lanes, but we aren’t allowed to get them for another fifteen minutes. Harry decided to run into someone else’s lane and roll a ball down the alley. They do NOT look very happy.

It’s fairly warm out to say its November, with a light breeze, so I put a pair of denim shorts on and my checked shirt. For extra warmth I shoved my light brown Ugg boots on and a beanie hat. I’m cross-legged on Liam’s knee, with his hands up the back of my checked shirt to keep them warm, since he’s absolutely freezing. Niall and Elise are whispering about some secret date and Jen and Harry are still kissing.