Chapter 22 - His Girl

Chapter 22 – His Girl

It’s 5 o’clock in the evening on Friday when Zayn finally comes round to see us, and to tell Liam and I about the situation with Cat. He’s already visited her, and wanted to let us know how it went on.

It has been two days since the ‘thing’ with Liam (where I told him I’m still a virgin and not ready to go so far, blah blah blah) and things have been running as normal. In fact, Liam has been even nicer and more generous to me, which I didn’t know was possible, since. He had to work all day yesterday, but after that he brought a bunch of flowers and my favourite box of Thortons chocolates. I’d asked him why he’d bought them for me, and he just replied that it’s because he loves me, and I deserve lots of treats. But I could tell it wasn’t just that, because I can also tell he’s still guilty. I’ve told him plenty of times that I don’t mind, it was my fault for not warning him already but he’s not having any of it. Liam still blames himself.

So anyway, Zayn turns up on our doorstep, soaking wet from all the rain. It’s almost the end of October, and at the moment there’s so much rain it’s unbelievable. As I shut the front door after a soggy Zayn steps in, I can hear thunder boom outside. I’ve never liked thunder much.

Liam sits down in the lounge with Zayn, and they joke about while I open a bottle of beer each for Liam and Zayn and pour myself a glass of wine. I take them into the lounge to find the two boys laughing and in hysterics. I don’t ask, I just calm them down.

“Right, so Zayn. Spill the beans,” I tell him and he clears his throat.

“It’s quite a long story if I go into detail, which I’m planning on doing because otherwise you won’t get the full effect of what happened and then there will have been no point in me telling you in the first place–” Zayn says without taking a breath but Liam interrupts him.

“Mate, just get on with what actually happened,” Liam says, chuckling.

Zayn nods in agreement. “So, I got up about 8 and had a shower, dried myself off, did my hair and took forever to choose what to wear. Actually I thought I didn’t look that bad in my leather jacket and jeans…maybe I should have put a belt on though, to complete the–”

“Urm…Zayn?” I prompt as he drifts off into his own little world.

Zayn’s eyes snap to mine and he shakes his head. “Sorry. I got carried away then. Anyway so I was all ready to go, drove to the address and bam! The nerves kicked in. I must have sat in the car for about half an hour trying to get up the courage to go to her door. When I finally did, I knocked and she answered. She stood there looking absolutely perfect. Yeah, she was in her pyjamas and her hair was stuck up in all directions and she looked like she’d literally just rolled out of bed, and it was a little past ten to I don’t blame her, but she still looked beautiful. I couldn’t take my eyes off her, and she must have thought I was crazy cos I was staring at her like an obsessed camel or something.

“Then she snapped her fingers in front of my face which made me laugh and almost grab them. Luckily I didn’t, cos I’m sure that would have really freaked her out. After I laughed that’s when she figured out who I am. She started saying like ‘Oh my god you’re Zayn Malik, from One Direction!’ and practically screaming like mental. She’s not a big fan or anything I don’t think, I just think she was in shock from the fact I was actually on her doorstep. I suppose that doesn’t just happen to everyone.

“So yeah, she’s screaming and I’m trying to calm her down before she wakes up the whole neighbourhood, and then suddenly a dog runs out of the door and leaps so high it manages to lick my face. By this point I’m pretty damn confused and she’s trying to control the dog while I’m trying to stop myself from staring at her for a longer than I should. She invited me in, and I was like YES BINGO. And next thing you know, there’s a Labradoodle snuggled up in its bed and we’re actually having a conversation! I told her where I saw her and why I wanted to see her again and I swear she went so pale she was about to faint. I made her sit down and found a glass and put some water in it. I asked her if she was freaked out and she said yes, but if I’m going to ask her on a date she’ll happily go. Which wasn’t what I was expecting but I have a date with her! I have a date with Cat tomorrow night! I’m taking her to the cinema and then we’re going to a restaurant. Sound good?”