Chapter 12 ~ Misunderstanding

Chapter 12 – Misunderstanding

Liam reads through the note slowly, his eyes flicking over the scrawled handwriting a few times. I just stare at him and wait until he gives me an explanation. There has to be one, Liam wouldn’t lie to me ever. He hasn’t got the heart. But I suppose now I’m not so sure. Maybe he isn’t who I think he is. Maybe this relationship has all been a lie.

“So?” I push. “Who is she? And w-why is she sending you notes like this? Is she your new girlfriend? Were you planning on dumping me tonight?”

Liam’s eyes widen and he shakes his head vigorously, leaning in the take hold of my hand. I snatch it back and glare at him sternly.

“She’s no one. I met her when we were in America. She’s an old friend of Zayn’s and we got along quite well. Not in that way, but as friends. With all the boys flirting around with girls, except Harry of course, I didn’t really have anyone to chill with so I spent a lot of time with her. She did make a move on me once or twice but I swear to you I pushed her away. You’re the one Lexi. She’s only a friend,” Liam says, trying again to hold my hand.

I brush tears off my cheeks, but this time I don’t let go of his hand. “I bet she’s everything I’m not,” I whisper to myself.

“Hey, hey! You are everything to me. I can’t lose you over some note a friend from America put in my suitcase. I need you, or my career, my life is practically over. Please believe me. I’ll call her up if you want! Ask her to admit nothing ever happened between us! I’ll even ask the boys if they saw anything if you want me to. Anything to make you believe and trust me,” Liam pleads, squeezing my hand.

His eyes are big and sad, and I just want to throw my arms around his neck and hug him. But I have to restrain from that, because that shows weakness. That shows that if he did cheat on me I would take him back in an instance. But I really believe that he didn’t do anything with this Jessica girl now. Liam definitely isn’t the type to lie, and by his expression he looks incredibly torn up.

“Please Lexi, please,” murmurs Liam, edging even closer and putting a hand on my cheek.

I lift my head up to look at him properly. He leans in and plants a soft and gentle kiss on my lips. I kiss him back, clasping my hands around his neck and bringing his head down to mine. We break apart and he presses his forehead against mine.

“I don’t what I’d have done if you hadn’t have believed me…” Liam trails off, shaking his head.

I grab his hand. “I believe you. You’d never have done anything like that to me. Don’t think about it. I’m sorry though, I shouldn’t have questioned it, or even read it as a matter of fact. It’s your business and I have no right rifling through it.”

Liam frowns and pulls me into his lap. “You have every right. Whatever is mine is yours. You can read my emails, texts, listen in on my calls. I don’t mind! I have nothing to hide.”

I smile and cup his head in my hands. I kiss him slowly, waiting for him to react which he does a few seconds after. He stands up; his lips still pressed against mine, and pulls me up with him. Liam wraps his arms around my waist and pushes his tongue into my mouth. I allow him entrance instantly and fumble around for the bottom of his top, pulling it up and over his head. He’s shocked by this sudden movement and gently pushes me back. I feel rejected and incredibly embarrassed.

“I’m sorry Lexi…I’m sorry…” Liam says, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I look at him for a minute and then run into the bathroom locking the door and sliding down to the floor with my back on the door. How could he reject me like that? He got me all carried away and then put me down like a toy he wasn’t interested in playing with. I hear Liam run across to the door and bang on it loudly.