Chapter 13 ~ Trust me

Chapter 13 – Trust me

“Woah Lexi…you look…gorgeous,” Liam stutters, his gaze travelling up and down my body.

I bite my lip and giggle. The weather seems to have picked up today, so I decided to wear my shorts and a t-shirt from my Spongebob collection. My big framed glasses are perched on my nose and I have my white Converse on. I don’t really see how I look gorgeous, if anything I look scruffy, but if Liam likes it then I’m happy.

Niall text us saying we’re meeting at ten in the park, a place for lots of talking, he’d added. Her parents are at home and she didn’t really want to have them tagging along. Obviously neither did Niall, with the things he wanted to talk about with Elise he knew her parents wouldn’t approve.

“I wonder if she remembers the kiss,” Niall whispers as the three of us are sat in the car on the way there.

I’m sat in the back, in between Niall and Liam. Louis is driving us, since neither Liam nor Niall can drive. Niall insisted Louis take us because he didn’t want to look all celebrity with a limo.

“She will do. I bet it was the best kiss of her life!” I say encouragingly, smiling and putting a hand on his leg.

Beside me Liam tenses up, his eyes glaring at my hand. I snatch it back quickly and snuggle into his side. Niall gives me a questioning look but doesn’t comment, I’m sure he knows Liam’s protective side.

“Hm doubt it. I’m not the best kisser,” Niall says, and then winks at me. “Wanna try?”

“NIALL,” Liam says loudly, smacking him on the shoulder. “Back off.”

“Sorry, sorry! I joke around when I’m nervous. I would never kiss you Lex. You’re Liam’s, and even if you two broke up you’re out of boundaries. We all promised not to date the other guys’ exes, or sisters. One Direction promise,” Niall held up his hand and did the scout symbol.

I nod once. “Damn,” I say with a wink.

Liam’s face froze and his fists clench. I turn to him quickly and kiss him full on. He’s tense at first but relaxes, and just as we’re getting into it he pulls away.

“Niall!” Liam complains. “I was enjoying that.”

“And I wasn’t. We’re here now anyway. Thanks Lou,” Niall says, ruffling Louis’ hair.

Louis rolls his eyes and sighs heavily. “Invite me next time then! Idiot.”

“Oi! It was a last minute decision! And I needed to talk to a girl about things. I spoke to Lex, and Liam doesn’t like Lex going anywhere without him. So here they are. I’m sorry Lou. Next time,” Niall smiles and waves bye, hopping out of the car.

Liam and I say goodbye to Louis and get out of the car, waving bye. I can see a small tanned girl in the distance stood by the swings. She’s on her phone and even from this far away and I can tell she’s nervous. I would be. Niall Horan had kissed her and didn’t see her for a long while. Now he’s asked to see her, and she’s probably wondering what he wants. And if I were her I wouldn’t be all that forgiving. You don’t kiss someone and walk away.

“Lex. Liam. She’s over there! What do I do? Do I introduce you guys before I ask to talk to her? Why am I even here? What do I talk to her about? I can’t just tell her I love her! What if the press hears or something?” Niall turns to walk back to where Louis dropped us off but I grab his shoulder.

“Niall no. Come on, we’re here now. You have to see her. You can’t stand her up. I bet she’s pissed from you walking away after kissing her, leave again her now you’ll be very close to completely losing her. And you don’t want that. So come on,” I say tugging him forward.