Chapter 6 ~ Game On

Chapter 6 – Game On

“AH!” I scream, accidently jolting Liam who shoots up to look at me.

His face is still half asleep, eyes drooping, but it doesn’t hide how worried and scared he looks. His arms tighten around my waist and he kisses me quickly.

“What was it? It’s ok, I’m here,” Liam whispers quickly.

“Nothing…just a nightmare,” I reply simply, feeling rather stupid. I actually screamed out loud?! How embarrassing, he’ll thing I’m complete wimp now.

“What happened?” Liam asks, pulling me into his lap with my legs looped around his back.

“Um well you were there and so was the boys and then Jen said she hated me, so Harry walked off with her. Then you said you’d found someone new that you’d known longer than me, someone famous and really pretty and popular…” I take a deep breath. “I tried to call you back but you didn’t come. All the boys walked off too and I was all alone sleeping on the streets,” my eyes fill up with tears.

Liam’s face softens and he pulls me in for a hug. When I draw back he skims his thumb over my tears to wipe them away. I try and smile but it doesn’t really work, I’m not in the smiling mood after that nightmare. At least I woke up and it was just a nightmare.

“Come here baby girl,” he says in a gentle voice as I cuddle into his chest. “It was only a nightmare. I’m here and you’re not going to get rid of me that easily, beautiful.”

I smile at him, genuinely. Like I said before, I don’t want to smile but he just makes me when he’s so nice and calm. Obviously he was worried about me, but now he just wants me to feel better. He cares so much. And to think two weeks ago I couldn’t stand the band. Two weeks ago today I’d have been in bed until I’d have watched TV and then got ready for the concert that has changed my life. The concert that made my life SO much more worth living. I change the subject.

“So what first attracted you to me? The nerd glasses? The Spongebob t-shirt? My crazy hair?” I giggle.

“Definitely the Spongebob t-shirt,” Liam says with a wink. “No, it was the fact you were so care free. You didn’t care who we were, you cared about how we felt and anything BUT our famous lives. It showed me that you’re not in it for the fame or anything, since you actually hate our music,” Liam chuckles. “So that’s one thing. Another is you’re beautiful, hard to resist. I don’t know how the other lads do it!”

“N’aw now that’s a lie! I’m not beautiful! Especially in a morning jeez! How do you live with me looking like…THIS in a morning?!” I ask shocked.

Liam shrugs. “You always look beautiful to me; you obviously don’t see what I see. When I look at you I think how come I got you? You’re too amazing for me…”

I kiss him gently. I can feel him smile into the kiss and I tangle my hands in his hair. As we separate I push my forehead against his.

“Liam, you have so many fans. You could choose from any one of them. And you choose someone who hates your music, but adores you. Why?!” I say, then I whisper, “How did I get so lucky…?”

“Shh. You’re the only one for me. I’m not even good enough for you, but I will try all my life to be what you deserve. I promise,” Liam nods.

My heart melts and I try a hide a nervous smile, while my cheeks flush bright red. He laughs and I lean forward to put my head on his shoulder.

“Personally I find your nerd glasses pretty sexy,” Liam whispers in my ear.

I look back up at him and he’s grinning. “I’ve been told that before.”