Chapter 7 ~ The Ex-Girlfriend

Chapter 7 – The Ex-Girlfriend

The six of us sprint into the black room, searching for a place to stay hidden until the buzzer goes to tell us the competition has begun. I hide in a little house-type place with windows so I could peer up to check out anyone running past. I feel slightly disappointed that I have to leave Liam but I live with it and keep watch. I see Zayn run past, his eyes scanning for a hiding spot. He goes into the hut opposite and sneaks a quick glance out of the window. The buzzer sounds loudly through the laser quest zone and our body suits start to glow. I duck down lower, making sure no one can see my lights. Zayn’s head bobs up a tad so I can just make out his lights. I zap my gun at them and he’s out. Result! I hear Zayn curse and his eyes look all around for someone who could possibly have done it. While he’s out he exits his hut and walks down the path in the middle off somewhere else.

Waiting for another passer I fiddle with my body suit. It has a name tag on it and I just so happen to be ‘Donald Duck.’ Donald Duck was always my favourite out of Mickey Mouse and his friends when I was younger. I always thought he was quite cute. I even had a stuffed toy of Donald as a child. I remember the night the nanny bought it for me. At the time Julia was our nanny. She was my favourite nanny we had because she cared a lot more. She bought Zoe and me plenty of gifts. (Of course Max wasn’t born yet.) Julia knew I loved Donald Duck so when she took a holiday in summer to Paris, she visited Disneyland Paris and bought me a Donald Duck. I was thrilled. I swear I almost pissed myself with excitement. I still have Donald. I actually brought him to London with me, stuffed in the front pocket of my pink suitcase so Liam doesn’t see him.

“GOT YOU!” whispers a voice from behind as my lights go out and the constant noise of them dies down and I feel some strong arms wrap themselves around my waste.

I spin around to see who has ruined my long lasting life to show them a piece of my mind, but my mind goes blank as I get lost in his beautiful eyes. Liam Payne. Liam grins cheekily and I smile back.

“How could you?! I wasn’t expecting that mister! You owe me!” I say, kissing Liam’s nose.

My lights fire back up while Liam gazes into my eyes. He doesn’t realise I’m alive again; I could shoot off his lights then and there. But I don’t, because I don’t want him to give me the puppy dog face and then I’ll feel sorry for him and give him a cuddle then his lights will fire up and  he’ll shoot me again! Yep, I know how competitive my boyfriend is.

“Got anyone yet?” Liam asks, pressing me into the corner of my little ‘den.’

He puts his hands either side of my head to prop himself up. I blush at how close he is but hopefully he doesn’t see because of how dark it is.

“I got Zayn; he was really confused because he couldn’t actually see who had got him. He was so up for it and the first ten seconds I got him,” I laugh quietly and Liam chuckles.

“I got Niall and Harry. Niall is out to get revenge but I managed to run away from him quick enough. I know, I know. No running but what is the point in the challenge if you can’t run away from the person trying to catch you?!” Liam complains.

“Shush, shush,” I usher Liam, but I’m still laughing. “You could bump into and hurt someone Liam. It was on the list of not to do so you shouldn’t do it,” I stick my tongue out at him.

Liam pouts. “Please baby.”

“Please what?” I ask confused.

“Kiss me,” Liam says.

“Why didn’t you just ask in the first place?!” I say, giving him a cheeky wink and leaning upwards to reach his lips.

Our kiss lasts quite a long time and when we finally break apart my lips are still tingling. My heart is thumping double time at this point and Liam is giving me a proud looking smile. I lean in for another kiss and he happily obliges. I wrap my arms around his neck and one of his hands presses against my cheek. Then my lights go out and my eyes flash open. Liam pulls away with an evil grin on his face.