Chapter 8 - Jealousy

Chapter 8 – Jealousy

She’s beautiful, like one of them blonde girls you always want to look like. Long blonde hair, big blue eyes and massive boobs. Seriously the perfect girl for a hot guy like Liam. So what the HELL is he doing with someone like me? That’s it though. Tonight he’s going to look at me, and then look at this blonde chick that he has history with and choose her over me. This is my last night with Liam, not even a night maybe. I’ll give it half an hour.

As she sticks her hand out for me to shake I feel sick in my mouth, which I quickly swallow back down and put a brave face on. I can’t let the guys see what’s wrong with me. They won’t understand. They just tell me I’m gorgeous despite the fact I’m not. I think the boys do it to make me feel better about myself. It doesn’t work really.

“Hey I’m Lexi,” I tell the girl, smiling weakly.

Megan looks slightly unsure, eyeing up my Jack Wills hoodie and battered old jeans. Her bright blue eyes are practically bursting out of their sockets when they see my dirty Uggs and I feel like running into the toilet and hiding. She hates me.

My own eyes quickly search over her outfit. A black mini-skirt and crop top. How did I not guess? She wears on her feet what looked like Chanel shoes and a flower in her hair. Her face is caked up in makeup while her arms and legs are coated in fake tan. I’m screwed.

“Megan,” Megan says, shaking my hand quickly and then snatching her hand back to sanitize.

“Sorry, if you just excuse me I could do with going to the bathroom. It was nice meeting you Megan,” I say to Megan.

Megan’s head shoots up from her sanitizer. “Ok,” she says simply. Not even a ‘you too’ or a ‘nice to meet you too’.

I turn around, searching for the toilets and when I finally see a sign I dodge over to them. I open the door but someone pushes me in and I fall to the ground.

“Sugar! Sorry Lex!” a familiar voice says pulling up off the ground.

I look up and it’s Harry. He sweeps his curls out of his eyes and frantically checks under the stalls to see if there are any girls using them. Luckily they’re empty, so he takes a deep breath and begins.

“What’s wrong Lexi?” Harry asks, cocking an eyebrow up.

“Me? Nothing, nothing!” I bluff.

“Don’t lie to me Lexi. In the short time I’ve known you, I still can tell when you’re lying and not. When you’re lying you repeat stuff and you go red. Your cheeks are the colour of a tomato and you said nothing twice. What’s up?” Harry asks.

I sigh and bite my lip. “Liam is going to dump me,” I murmur very quietly.

I look up at Harry, whose eyes widen and eyebrow cock up. I lean back against the sink and stare at my hands nervously. Harry sighs and walks over to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

“He isn’t going to dump you Lexi. He really likes you. What made you say that?” Harry asks, breaking off the hug.

“Megan,” I mutter.

Harry laughs. “Because she’s gorgeous?”

“Haz, gorgeous is an understatement when it comes to her,” I roll my eyes. “When he looks at both of us he’s going to realize she is the one he is better off with. She’s the one who’s beautiful whereas I’m just plain and when he’s so cute and amazing why would he stay with someone like me when he can have girls like Megan? So I just thought I’d come in here and head home. I can’t face break up when cameras are around. At least when we’re at home it won’t be all over the internet within a few hours.”