Chapter 9 - Work

Chapter 9 – Work

“OH MY GOD JEN’S COMING TODAY!” Harry shouts, running down the stairs in nothing but his boxers.

Liam covers my eyes with his hand and I giggle, pressing my back against his chest. Harry in his boxers is not a bad sight at all, but I much prefer Liam in his boxers, obviously. 

“She text me saying she’ll arrive around twelve. I’ve given her directions here, and I’ve booked a restaurant just for the two of us tonight. So Louis, tonight please don’t sleep at our house? I want a little privacy you know. And don’t come running in Lexi. I know what you’re like,” Harry tells me, while sipping a cup of coffee.

I laugh and give Harry evil eyes. “She’s my best friend! I’ve known her longer!”

Harry just chuckles and walks over to Niall who is frying bacon. Liam plays with my hair for a little while until I check the clock. It’s half eleven. Panicking when I realize Jen will be here in a while; I kiss Liam and run upstairs for a shower. Zayn is just coming out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He grins and lets me past, passing me a spare towel from the cupboard. I walk in to the bathroom and carefully lock the door. After stripping to the nude, I step into the shower. I laugh quietly to myself when I see all of Zayn’s hair, face and body products lined up on the shelf. I swear there’s more than the average woman!

I pick out a shampoo and body wash and once I’m done rinsing the shampoo out of my hair I switch the shower off and step out, wrapping the warm towel around my body. I turn around to face the mirror and scream. Liam is stood in front of the mirror, stripping down to his boxer shorts.

“Shit you scared the life out of me Lee! What are you doing in here? How did you get in? I locked it didn’t I!?” I walk around Liam and check the lock on the door. 

Liam snakes his arms around my waist and kisses the side of my head. “Magic baby.”

I frown, but then my expression softens when he kisses down my neck. We stand there for a few moments just in our own little world, until I snap back to reality and tell him to go in the shower.

“Come with me,” whines Liam giving me puppy dog eyes.

I shake my head. “You’ve already proved the lock is faulty. I’m not having someone walk in on us making out in the shower.”

Liam wiggles his eyebrows. “Did I say that’s what we’re going to do? But that sounds alright to me,” Liam says and then leans down to kiss me.

I pull back. “Oi, don’t try and seduce me mister! Tomorrow. Promise. Now I have to go get changed for work and for when Jen arrives!”

I shut the door behind Liam and head into a bedroom to change. I’m wearing a black pencil skirt, crisp white shirt, a black blazer and some black heels, the perfect outfit for an office job. As I look in Zayn’s full length mirror nerves sweep over me. I’ve never really had a proper job before, not like this one anyway. I mean actually working in an office! Wow. 

“JEN’S HERE GUYS!” Harry shouts from downstairs and I run as fast as I can in heals to the front door.

Jen looks beautiful as ever, her long dark hair tumbling down over her shoulder and her green eyes sparkling. She’s wearing a short, skin-tight black skirt with a t-shirt tucked in and some ballet pumps. A smile is plastered across her smooth tanned face as Harry sweeps her into his arms, spinning her round and round in excitement. Jen throws her head back and giggles, and I instantly feel jealous. Why aren’t I as beautiful as Jen? 

After we all hug Jen (with our hug being one of the longest) we sit around on the sofa for a while telling Jen what we’ve been up to in her absence. She envies us when we tell her about laser quest and the Katherine and Kelly Show and she laughs when we tell her about the ‘slumber party’ last night. At half twelve I have to set off to work, and Liam offers to drop me off. We bid everyone farewell and Liam borrows Zayn’s car to take me.