Chapter 11 ~ Lies

Chapter 11 - Lies

It’s all been sorted now, the stress is over.

Harry didn’t come back to the UK; he just had a three hour long conversation with Jen, talking her through everything. On MY mobile.

It was quite frustrating actually; there I was setting out cookies and milk for Jen and I when my phone buzzes up. It was Harry and he wanted to talk to Jen. He said he had to call my mobile because Jen wouldn’t pick up his. I let him and they had a long chat about trust and love and an argument about who loved the other most. Pretty silly to be honest. My bill is going to be very high at the end of this month.

Jen moved out without having her cookies and milk that same evening, leaving me alone as per usual. And it was sorted, just like that. Well I suppose not just like that, because it did take three hours (on MY mobile) but at least it’s sorted.

But now I’m sat in my office on Sunday morning and practically wetting myself with excitement. Liam is coming home today and soon I’ll be heading to the airport to meet him and the other band mates. I’m working on the article for the One Direction Up All Night Tour DVD when my fellow worker, Naomi, bursts through my door. I jump and end up biting my tongue. Ouch.

“I’m in such a bad mood!” Naomi whines, flopping into an armchair in front of my desk dramatically.

I check my watch. Ok so it is an hour until I knock off for the day, and no doubt is that next hour going to be taken up by Naomi going through all her problems and issues with me. I give Naomi a weak smile and prepare myself to pretend to be awake.

“One Direction are landing at the airport today, but Ralf won’t let me have this afternoon off. He says someone else has taken the afternoon off and they need me to stay in and finish the article. It’s so annoying!” Naomi complains and my eyes shoot up to look at her.

“One Direction?” I repeat.

Naomi laughs. “Yeah, I’m a huge fan. I saw them on X Factor tour, their last tour and I’ve booked tickets for a few of their concerts next year too. I usually meet them at the airport when they’ve landed but this time I can’t. Urgh.”

“Oh wow. Have you ever met them then?” I ask, curiously.

“I’ve had a picture with Louis and Zayn follows me on Twitter but I’ve never met the other boys. My favourite is Liam, one day I’m going to marry that boy!” Naomi giggles and she blushes, while I try to contain my jealousy. “I probably sound silly, but I’ve got a feeling.”

I give her a weak smile. “Well it’s me who is taking the afternoon off. My boyfriend is landing at the airport and I want to meet him. He’s been away for a bit but he’s back now, thank god.”

“Oh, you took the afternoon off,” Naomi mutters, looking at her feet.

“Erm well yeah,” I stutter out.

There is deadly silence in my office for about five minutes until Naomi clears her throat and smiles weakly.

“I didn’t know you had a boyfriend Lexi! Show me a picture?” Naomi asks and I swear I go pale.

Before I know it she’s got my phone and she is checking my background, which of course is of Liam and me. Naomi drops my phone back on the table and gasps. She stands up and presses her back against my closed office door.

“Y-your…you…Liam Payne…you’re his mystery girlfriend! I miss one interview and I miss finding out Liam Payne’s girlfriend is my co-worker. Jesus wow, shit oh my god! Can I meet him? Please! We’re like best friends and you haven’t introduced him to me!” Naomi grins excitedly.