Body shaming

How can anyone justify shaming someone? Shaming anyone based on anything is wrong. It's not just a joke. It is harmful. It is not funny for anyone and it is clearly making the person on the receiving end of your joke really uncomfortable.

You can't say things like "You're normalizing obesity" when someone is talking to you about body positivity. A person that is obese can take treatment. They don't need to be told that they're obese. They can see. If they want then they'll deal with it in a healthy manner. You don't have to give suggestions or judgement.

The same goes for skinny shaming. Saying things like "You're as thin as a stick", "You should eat more", "Why do you even work out?", "You will fly away with the wind" is also not ok. It's not funny. Just because you laughed after saying it doesn't mean it's funny.

Everyone has insecurities that are just buzzing through out their head. Hearing people that you love say those insecurities out loud just amplifies it.

Body positive does not mean you can't change yourself. It is possible to love yourself and change your lifestyle because you want to grow. Change with positivity. It won't hurt, I promise but you need to put in the work of course.

Body positivity is about respecting your own body and respecting everyone else's too. It includes not making comments on how much people eat, how much a person has changed physically and how insecure you think they are.

Respect everyone until they do something disrespectful like making comments on your body. Then, let them go. You are not a joke. You don't have to suck it up because they say that you're too sensitive. You're not being too sensitive or too difficult. You know your rights and your boundaries. That's good. I'm proud of you.