Poetry and I

(I think I got the grammar in the title right.)
My first piece of poetry was written when I was in fifth grade, 5 years back. A teacher had entered our class the other day and she told us that they were collecting articles like poetry, story writing, drawings etc. etc. for the school magazine.

I didn't really think about it much. I just thought, oh cool! I think I'll write something.

I went home and I started thinking about it. I thought of writing a story but I didn't know how to write a short story. My stories would go on for pages and pages. So I thought of writing a poem.

I had never written one before. But I still tried. The first topic that came to my mind was "Sea" for some reason. I wrote down four lines. I still remember it. It went like this:
Sea the most beautiful thing I had ever seen
As beautiful as it can be
It flows its way to the sand,
It flows back to the sea

That's it. I think I added on to it later but this was the very first poem I had written. I send it to the magazine editors and got printed in the magazine, twice, once when I was in fifth grade and the other time when I was in sixth.

After that I wrote another poem called "Future". That was a pretty long poem so I don't remember it, but I was really proud of myself.

That was it. Two poems. I wanted to write more but I got distracted towards other things after that. So my writing stopped. This May, May 2020, when I was in online class, I had a sudden flow of words in my mind.

No one understands me
On an all time low
They tell me
Just go with the flow.

I hadn't thought about writing poetry since sixth grade. The words just came into my mind out of the blue. I quickly wrote my lines down in fear of forgetting them if I waited any longer.

Then I went on extending and I got a beautiful poem, dare I say, and i called it "Depression and her".

Now within the past 3 months or so I have written 200+ poems.

I consider this a huge achievement. I am proud of myself. Writing poetry also helped me see the side of things that never occurred to me before.

I call the sudden flow of words that happened that day a blessing of Apollo. I know that might sound silly, but listen to me. I was reading Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan every night when I wrote that poem. I don't know if it's true or not, but I like to call it that way. I am definitely a proud demigod from the Apollo cabin.

I know a lot of this might have sounded like bragging, but I wasn't. I merely narrated the things that happened to me, nothing more, nothing less.