Dance Competition

Our dance teacher made it  pretty clear that she had absolutely no faith in us juniors and had immense faith in the seniors even though her student was teaching the seniors and she was teaching us and that they would definitely qualify to the next round and we wouldn't.

But we practiced, all the same, and on the day before the competition she even gave us glucose biscuits.

We performed pretty bad, I must say. All of us made at least one mistake. We had our hopes really low and it didn't help that my friend pointed out our mistakes on our way out of the stage, still audible to the judges.
A few days later our teacher messaged us on WhatsApp. Both, the seniors and the juniors didn't win.
But a few days later we got another message saying that we had gotten an A grade so we were qualified for the next round but, the seniors weren't.
Our teacher was annoyed. She kept siding them during our practice for the finals.
We went for the finals and we won!We got third position in a country-wide competition!
On our celebration party our teacher had come and we were really excited to hear what she had to say. We thought she'd be proud. But no. She told us that every other group she had choreographed always got first place. She wasn't yelling. She was just saying it in a trance of pity.
We were still happy. Third place is third place. At least we got that!
We never saw that teacher again. But it was definitely one of the most memorable dance program ever.