My favourite memory

𒊹︎It doesn't take much time to change a person's day completely. It only takes a few words. 𒊹︎

Stomach ache. My worst enemy. Every year I would take at least one leave from school because of stomach ache, but when I used to go to the doctor there was absolutely no problem.

I was in Kerala for vacation at that time and we were staying where my grandparents lived.

My two cousin brothers were already there and my other two cousins, one girl and one boy, had just arrived earlier that morning.

I roamed around in the kitchen complaining about my stomach ache with my tears threatening to fall. I had lemonade but it wasn't working, so I went up to the bedroom and laid down for a while, but I got down again as soon as I got bored. I did this about three times until I got tired and sat outside in the veranda.

I was alone except for one of my relatives who was sleeping. I could hear the noise of the two children, who should've been exhausted from the long ride but seemed to be still fully charged and the other guests who were clapping and laughing as they did somersaults and cartwheels.

I sat there for a while trying to ignore the nausea and the pain in my stomach, when my older cousin brother walked out and sat in the chair in front of me with his back facing me.

We sat there without speaking a word. I was almost in tears, when he turned around to face me. "What happened to you?" He asked.
I was dumbfound. I sat there with my mouth hanging open. Why did he care? Oh my god he cares!

I couldn't say anything at that time, but it is definitely the best memory that I have. The moment that I realized that people do care.

A simple "how are you?" can change someone's day completely.

Now I'm not saying that the stomach ache passed as soon as he asked me that question but it felt really good to hear that question.

I also think that is the first time anyone genuinely asked me how I was. No matter what pain I was in no one ever asked me or understood how I felt.

It felt great.

Take it up as a challenge to ask at least one person everyday about how they are doing or how was their day. Go ask one of your friends on Wattpad right now. Trust me, it'll make their day!

This got a lot more philosophical than I was planning for it to be. 😂