CHAPTER 12. "Happy Birthday."

Scarlett's POV

It's Y/N's birthday and I'm so excited to give her the present I got her. I always hear her ranting about the traffic and wanting to buy a motorcycle, I mean she's not wrong I would do that too... if I can only drive one. So here I am at the Harley-Davidson dealership walking around looking for the one that will suit her. Moving to the next and to another model, I sigh in frustration, why is this so hard? But then something caught my eye a black and army green bike that will suit her perfectly.

"I'm taking this one," I said to the dealer.

"Ahh, the limited edition of iron 883 great choice 'cause this is the only bike here that has the backseat. Great, let's go to the papers." He said leading me to an office where I paid for the bike.

I'm sure she'd flip out and be angry at me for buying her such an expensive bike, and she'd rant about how she doesn't want anything from me or that she won't take it. I don't mind since I want to pamper my princess as much as I want because money is not a problem for me. I have a lot of those, so why not give it to someone I know who will appreciate it?

Also... Besides of this bike I also made a song for her. Huh, she's not the only one who can write songs you know.

I have to go to work after dealing with it, so I'm driving myself to set. They said they'd send it to my house- my sixth neighbor's house from a few blocks away from mine; I don't want them to know which one is mine so I called my neighbor and they agreed to it. I came on set and was on my way to my trailer when a familiar voice yelled my name; when I turned around, I was confronted with the person who makes my girlfriend jealous.

"Romain."

"Scarlett." His manly voice sounds welcoming with a smile on his lips.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I have a work thing close by and might as well visit you since you're here. How are you?" Why is he like this? This is not like him, he's more of a cocky man than this sweet talker. I smiled to cover up my confusion.

"Good, I'm great. Why do you ask? I mean we just saw each other not long ago." I laugh uncomfortably, he moved closer but little by little I back away.

"Well, I'm actually here to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Uhm, are you free tonight or on Saturday? Take you out for coffee as a friend?" He rubbed the back of his neck with a small smile. Right, obviously he's here to ask me out. And, as a friend? Honey, I wasn't born last night.

"I can't tonight it's my... best friend's birthday but I can do Saturday." Gosh, calling my girlfriend as best friend sucks. Ahh, I just wish I could go public with her but this toxic fucking society is going to ruin everything if we did. His eyes light up in joy like a kid getting candy.

"Great! I'll see you Saturday. I'll leave you now have a nice day, bye." I waved goodbye and turned around then he stopped me again. What the fuck is with this guy? "Wait! I don't have your number."

"Right, here." I gave him a paper with my number on it and said a quick farewell than I finally went to my trailer. I went to get my make-up and costume, slumped in my seat, and closing my eyes, attempting to catch up on the sleep I had missed for a few days.

My day went on as usual; it was exhausting yet enjoyable. Because Romain had acted strangely earlier, I kept thinking about him. He didn't chat to be the first time we met, not literally; all he did was ask a few questions about the movie. He also joked a lot, and I thought that's the only catch with him, which is why I find him amusing. But why was he so sweet and nervous today? Also, since the day we met, I've caught him staring at me a few times.