CHAPTER 38. "Life's a Movie."

I exited the elevator, fumbling with the hem of my suit. When I exited the floor where everyone was, I felt a flood of intense emotion wash over me. Not for Scarlett, but for myself, I feel sorrow and disappointment.

Khai was correct. It exacerbated everything. It aggravated my feelings. I wanted to go up to Scarlett and put my arms around her when I saw her pleading for forgiveness and a second chance. I, on the other hand, held myself together and kept my barriers in place. I still vowed to put everything behind me after the night, and it's already after, even if it's still night, if you know what I mean.

"Y/N!" Someone yelled, or should I say Scarlett yelled, her voice so familiar that I didn't identify it. I turned back with a nonchalant expression on my face, and she came to a halt a few meters away. "Why is it easy for you to turn your back against me? Am I that easy to resist? It's like we didn't have anything for you to leave me alone that quickly." I groaned and took a glance around. We were at the area of the hotel where elevators are queued up, so there was no one around, but someone would be here any second.

"I already gave you all the answers you'll need." I stated this quietly since I didn't want things to get out of hand.

"You didn't tell me that this relationship is done." She was out of breath from both the rushing and the shock.

"Really? I thought it's already been given since you slept with him." With my shoulders shrugging and my brows arched, I responded in a 'duh' tone.

"I asked for a second chance for me to explain..."

"I don't need them anymore, Scarlett."

"Why? I thought you would understand. You promised you will be there for me. To listen. But why are you pushing me away when I'm literally here throwing myself just so you'll know the truth." Tears ran down her cheeks, trailed by a black smear from her mascara. I tried not to exhibit any emotion, but my body was failing me, so a harsh frown formed on my lips, my brows wrinkling in regret.

My face may hold regret and sadness for her but my mind and mouth were set on something different. "And the truth is that you chose him over and you let him get you pregnant. That's the truth." When I proved my point, she looked at me as if she didn't recognize me. It's her fault, after all, that I'm in pain.

"I- I fucking hate you right now. You made me look like the bad guy in front of my family. You're blaming me for what happened... you don't fucking know... how many times I've been trying to find my way to tell you the truth..." She pauses every now and then, letting out a heartbreaking sob. Her eyes have turned bloodshot, and she can hardly stand there. "You don't know hard for me to be constantly running from the nightmares of my mistake... you don't fucking know, I thought... out of everyone you will be the one to catch me with open arms when I need one. I thought you love me." When she finished, her frail legs buckled down, but I moved forward and caught her. I wrapped my arms around her waist to keep her standing, but she merely leaned on me and I didn't protest. I let her weep against my clothing, which was quite costly, but they were still just clothes.

One arm holds her body, and my other hand caresses her hair, and I take advantage of the chance to kiss the top of her head while my eyes are closed. "I do love you and I still do. But everything has been done, Scarlett, so can we just put... everything behind this. It- it pains me to see you like this-" 

"Because you're leaving me." She muttered something on my chest. I couldn't refute that she's correct, but I don't want to use her terminology.

"I'm sorry, I'm doing this for the both of us, okay?"

"No. I'm not okay with it. We're soulmates, you said it, I believed it. We both promised we will be together forever." God, can this movie just end? We sound like lovesick teenagers in a 90's movie.