CHAPTER 40 "Who?"

Tears have been shed, a lot of them. Emotional pain is almost killing us piece by piece, but we can't let ourselves drown in that deep end.

No, she needs us the most, so we have to be brave and strong for her. Even if it takes all the energy from us just to look after her.

We will always be by her side.

"Have you eaten yet?" Susan asked putting the new basket of fresh fruits on the bed side table. I keep an eye on her every move and look at her face. She used to have a happy face full of smiles, but now all she has is a small frown and dark circles under her eyes.

Tired. We all are.

"Have you slept yet?" I questioned back.

"That's not the answer to my question." She raised her brow and took an apple to the bathroom sink to wash it.

"I don't have the appetite." I bow my head because I know she has something to say, again, about it. It's really the truth, though. I don't. I've been like this for days. However, I've eaten a few bits and pieces of food when Indio would accompany me, but I haven't had a proper meal.

"I told you-"

"Can we please not talk about it? Please? I think you feel the same way I do... I'm just coping in a different way." I pleaded kindly my voice controlled not to raise so that I wouldn't be disrespectful.

"You're starving yourself. Do you think she would be happy to hear that?" She said worriedly, pertaining to her daughter.

I rubbed the crease between my brows before looking up at her with a pleading look. "Please?" I really can't take any bull from anyone any day.

She nods in understanding along with a defeated sigh before sitting on the couch a few meters away in front of us folding her arms making herself comfortable. She looks at the girl who's sleeping, peacefully?

She looks peacefully sleeping but no body knows what's going on in her head right now. What if she's having a nightmare. I- we don't know anymore.

It's been long, a year and six months to be exact. A lot has changed, like moving her in a different hospital in San Francisco. Y/N's condition had progress, her cuts, broken ribs have been long healed. Her fractures took longer to heal and are still needing for a little time to get back to normal.

Remember the glass stab on her stomach?

That almost killed her during her operation because of a sudden bleeding. It was a close call, the surgeons said, but miracles were very attached to her I guess and saved her, fortunately.

And about her heart?

Her personal doctor, Dr. Kalu, hasn't had the time to fly the day the accident happened because he had an on going surgery. So, the Downey's decided to move Y/N's in the hospital Dr. Kalu is in. He didn't perform any surgeries from her when we moved, he did checked her from time to time, I guess if something wrong happen that's when he get to decided if he would operate. Until now nothing has happened to her heart, which we are all happy about.

Everything is stable and sailing good except with her head. Her falling into a coma was something I expected and at the same time didn't. It was hard for everyone, literaly. Her 'fans' were all over it on the internet and even in the news, she's in it.

Sometimes it annoys and frustrated us 'cause they're tweeting and talking about it while we cry about it.

"How long are we going to stay like this?" I asked whispering to no one in particular, my voice filled with misery. I should be accustomed in seeing her in bed like this, it's been a year, man. But it still hurts.