CHAPTER 36. "Invite."

I gaze out the window, my mouth agape, with San Francisco's street fully in view. I take a few deep breaths while my mind counts the seconds that pass. I've always disliked being in my head because it's horrible and causes me to overthink things, but I can't seem to find the impulse to do anything else than sleep and look out into space for who knows how long.

I eventually got it completely filled up with the sleep I take after numerous restless nights when I was young and in college. It's been an hour since Khai ordered dinner, and it's all arrived. She began eating, but I told her I'd get to it in a minute since I don't feel like putting anything in my mouth... not even pussy.

I was hungry before, so I was fine with her getting food, but just looking at the pizza in front of me made me sick. I feel like throwing up if that's even possible given that I haven't eaten anything in four days.

"You need to eat. I can tell you haven't anything for days with your face getting toned." She chastised me as she took a piece of pizza, placed it on a paper plate, and handed it to me. When it's already in my palm, I push myself not to make a disgusting face.

"At least it would make me look hot." I shrug my shoulders, avoiding the entire 'not eating' issue.

True, my face and physique were becoming more toned, but not in a nice way. My ribs were evidently visible on my sides, and my facial bones show natural contours, and even though I've been sleeping a lot, there are still black bags under my eyes, which is unusual given how much I've been sleeping. All in all, I would look like a corpse in a few more days of continuing this bad habit.

"It's not that, Y/N. You're hurting yourself... this is self-harm too, don't you know that?"

"Don't mind it."

"What- Of course I mind. You're slowly killing yourself."

"Stop overreacting." "A human can survive a few weeks with no food or water... chill."

"That doesn't make me okay-"

"For me it does."

"You fuc- I can't believe you right now."

"It's not a big deal. It's not like I'm gonna die already."

"You're on your way there if you keep doing this habit of yours. It's clearly not good."

"What's your problem? We already talked about this an hour ago, or you didn't listen and just disregarded it?" I was irritated with her and asked.

"I always listened to you." When she stated that, her expression and tone of voice softened.

"Then I will tell you that I will deal with this on my own-" I was ready to continue when she abruptly ended it.

"That! That is mainly my problem. You always owe it to yourself to do things that are about you... Can you not give us a try? This, thing you are doing, the keep your shit all to yourself, is just selfish." She leaps to her feet and screams, her wands wildly waving in the air as she does so.

"I am never selfish!" Even though I was standing on top of her, she didn't seem to be intimidated.

"You are now! Look at yourself. You just told me that it was okay for you to slowly die-"

"I didn't say anything like that."

"Well, that's what you were implying. Can you think about the people around you for a second and think about what they would think if they know about the things that you are doing. Do you think Aunt Susan would be all smiley that you're not eating? Do you think Uncle Rob will be happy about you harming your well-being? How about your brother? How about me?" When she uttered the last bit, her voice trembled, and I looked at her regretfully, and guilt began to pile up as tears streamed down her cheeks.