CHAPTER 31. "Jealousy, Jealousy."

The tension in the car is in the most uncomfortable way, not that I mind. I'd rather be with my thoughts, which I don't like, than talk to Scarlett. We both sat in the backseat of the taxi and I've been staring at my shoes like it's the most interesting thing all of a sudden. We're on our way back to her parents' house for breakfast before we part ways although we're all going to be seeing each other for New Years again. But I can't say no to Karsten even though I hate to be in the same room with her.

New Years. I'm really looking forward to it because it's about changing and new beginnings. I'm looking forward for the talk so we can fix our relationship sooner than later. I really miss talking to her like we used to. Snuggle in the bed with her. My patience is hanging in a thin line now but I guess I'll be the one to adjust and wait for her.

If I get impatient then whatever happens, happens.

We entered the house and before we enter the living room I intertwined our hands and I smiled, fakely. She look at me but I ignored her and continued acting like we're completely fine.

"Good morning everyone." I greeted them all and sat on the couch next to Khai when I let go of Scarlett.

"Good morning. Where were you two been?" Melanie asked in a monotone voice and her eyes staring at me hard which didn't faze me this time.

I've had enough of her bullshits.

"Oh, Scar, just wanted to show me around town so we woke up early to watch the sunrise." I lied and I internally celebrated when I didn't stutter. "How was your morning?" I asked with smile.

"Just the same." She simply said and I moved on to it. To be honest I don't really fucking care about her morning I'm just being nice.

"So, dad, how is the movie going?"

"Well, we will start filming next year in Atlanta with Gwyneth-" He stopped his eyes widening he covered his moth with his mouth making us laugh.

"Uh, did you just spoil us?" Khai chuckled in amusement and the rest laughs. "Anyway, what is everyone's plans for New Years." I have my head on her shoulder and she twirled a strand of my hair around her finger.

"There's going to be a party as usual." Hunter said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes of course we need alcohol." Khai swirled her finger around exaggerating making me roll my eyes.

"We've always been going to the same party every year with different people including celebrities so yeah we'll all be going." Scarlett comments looking at me with a questioningly expression.

"I don't know..." I rub the back of my neck unsure of what I would answer. I would go if I'm in the mood but I would be in the same room with my girlfriend. If only we are okay I would probably said yes already.

"Don't be such a party pooper. It's going to be fun." My dad said and I made a face that mocks him.

"Yes, and you can invite your other girlfriend." My head snap towards Melanie with wide eyes. Seriously? In front of my parents?

"Excuse me?" I asked calmly.

"Your girl space friend. The blonde one." Hunter explained and I saw her mom roll her eyes. Gosh this woman just craves for drama.

"Oh, sure if she agrees."

"Honey, you should invite your friend Romain." She smiled smugly although she was facing Scarlett her eyes were on me. Of fucking course, I hate the internet.

"Okay. I know he'll come even if I don't ask." I internally groaned in anger seeing his face in a very happy event will surely sour my mood.

Let's just hope I wouldn't explode yet.