CHAPTER 19. "I didn't see you there."

Scarlett's POV

It's been a week since the surprise hunt game happened. When I got home from the terminal, the first thing I did was take the paper she told me I should have as a clue. I actually hate her for this game, not really. It was fun at first, but I became irritated when she made me go around the house for who knows how long. I had to trek up and down the stairs to find all of the clues. She also left a clue that led me to the laundry room and directed me to do the laundry that she was meant to do. That scumbag just had one job in the house, and she still couldn't do it. She's a pain in the neck, I swear to God.

~flashback~

I got to the last clue after literally doing the housework. I was wearing her 'friends' t-shirt, which was a little too big for me, reaching just above my knee. I wore my black sunglasses and a pair of jeans shorts. I walked out of the house and drove to the address she had written on the paper. It was her song that I hummed along to while it played on the radio. I was more interested in the lyrics of her songs than in the beat since I can sense her sentiments through her words. It's amazing. She's amazing.

Arriving at Antonio's ice cream parlor, which was our go-to late-night rendezvous. With my glasses on, my phone, and my wallet in each hand, I exited the car and entered the building. When I came to a halt at the counter, a man in his forties greeted me with a smile, which I reciprocated.

"What can I get you, pretty lady?" He inquired, leaning on the counter. His outfit was cute for him; he's dressed in an ice cream parlor uniform with an '80s-'90s flair.

Of all the names she could think of, she'd have to choose the oddest and most embarrassing. It's also a 'friends' reference, so it's logical. At the very least, she didn't call it a 'crap bag.'

"Uhm... can I get the-" Why is it so difficult to say? Well, ordering ice cream with an unusual name is embarrassing, and what if she's making a joke on me? That the entire princess Consuela saga is a fake. That would be humiliating. "The princess Consuela banana hammock...?" I whispered to scared for anyone to hear.

"Ah! Miss Johansson?" He asked also whispering. I think he knows what kind of stress I would get if the paparazzi or fans will come.

I lowered my glasses resting it at the tip of my nose and waved at him with a smile. "Yeah," I said and put my glasses back on. He extended his arms to me which I gladly shook. He's sweet.

"I'm Antonio. I heard that you've been here a couple of times, my workers are loving you guys. It's really great to finally put a face to the person that Miss Downey talks about." He exclaimed, his voice brimming with anticipation.

"Good things I hope." I smile sheepishly, unsure if they're good or not.

"Of course they are. Miss Downey would always tell me that you made her buy ice cream when you're in a sour mood. She wants to put a smile on your face she said and I'm glad my ice cream makes you smile." I smiled at the prospect of her speaking to someone she hardly knew about me on a personal level.

"It really does, your ice cream takes my grumpy mood away. I really love here." I stated with sincerity.

"Well then, one Y/N's special, coming right up." He swiveled his finger around in a quirky twist as he walked through the ice cream tubs to go to work on the order.

My foot tapped in time with the quiet music playing in the shop while I waited. I'm excited to call Y/N because I've already missed seeing her face. I didn't get to call her cuz she told me I couldn't till I finished this freaking game. My thoughts strayed to how she is right now. I really hope she's sleeping or eating well. I suddenly understood that this small distance between us will be quite beneficial. Because we're always together, I suppose we've been driving each other insane. So having our time to ourselves, doing our own thing, is a welcome relief.