CHAPTER 21. "Pamper."

It's a frequent occurrence to feel your heart ache if you're upset. When you cry, your heart clenches as if someone is squeezing it. Or you may find it difficult to breathe, your sluggish sobbing developing into screams that can become hysterical. According to science, the brain registers emotional suffering, such as heartbreak, in the same way that it registers physical pain. In other words, when shit happens, you are emotionally and physically hurt.

Love, I believe, is the most prevalent source of pain for everyone at some point in their lives. It makes no difference if it's from a lover, a family member, a sibling, or a friend. When you have a special relationship with someone, the kind where you're so pulled to them that you can't fathom your existence without them. The link that bonds your relationship because they treat you with respect and make you feel special, thus it hurts when things go wrong and you're separated from them. You'd rather sulk in your room, eating whatever you can get your hands on while binge-watching trash comedies to try lighten up your mood.

The anguish will persist despite the distractions. Pulling yourself away from the heartbreak moment helps... for a while.

When you don't know what else to do because they're all you can think about. The actions you or they took that put you in a difficult predicament. You'll be thinking about how to correct things, yet you also think you'll fuck up again at the same moment. It feels terrible to be fighting with ourselves to make a decision that will benefit them.

Them. Again, we all know that breaking a pleasant connection is not something we want to do. As a result, we prefer to strive for it and achieve it no matter what it takes to keep them. We don't care if it doesn't feel good in our own space; all we want is for them to be near us.

The sky was dark, as if it had been painted entirely in black and strewn with tiny white specks to represent the glowing stars. The moon shines brightly above the city, illuminating the entire area and making it far more attractive in any creature's sight. Even late at night, cars pass along the road, their booming engines obliterating the heck out of the area.

Scarlett was left to cry her eyes out when Y/N left the hotel, for screwing everything up over a single lie. A single lie caused her girlfriend to leave her because she couldn't handle being around her. She screamed and cried till she cried herself to sleep. All of her tiredness from the filming over the last few months, the flight, and the weeping took over her body.

I don't know about you but before I sleep, I like a good cry because it helps me to sleep faster.

Scarlett stirs awake in the purportedly empty hotel room where she is resting in the supposedly bed with a cold emptiness next to her. Her right arm was draped around the warm object, and she smiled a little, knowing she had something to keep her company. She took a deep breath out through her nose and slowly opened her eyes. Not because she's sleeping with a robber or anything, but she's raised her eyebrows in surpris. Scarlett was taken aback when she saw her girlfriend sleeping next to her; she hadn't expected her to crawl into her arms following a quarrel.

Scarlett drapes her arm across Y/N's torso leaving room between them because Y/N's knees are curled and her arms are clasped together as a pillow. The blonde haired girl became irritated with herself when she noticed that her girlfriend don't look like the way she accustomed to wake up to. She usually has this calm countenance that looks so comfortable while snoring a little, but it wasn't like that today. Her brows were slightly pinched together, and she had a small pout on her lips. If they weren't fighting, Scarlett would have just babied her because she's so cute. Scarlett holds herself responsible for everything that has happened, for everything that the girl has gone through.

"Don't eye rape me." Y/N whispered not in her sleep but because she can actually feel Scarlett's eyes boring on her face.

"Am not. I'm just admiring your beautiful face even though you're mad." Scarlett said with a sigh at the end earning her girlfriend's attention.