CHAPTER 18. "See you later."

Scarlett's POV

Following our trip to the theme park, Y/N and I spent the night cuddling on our bed and exchanging loving reassuring words till we fell asleep. Nothing makes me happier than holding her in my arms and knowing she's in decent shape. I slept through the night, but my mind remained wide awake, pondering the right and wrong from our conversation on the Ferris wheel.

After much deliberation, I came to the conclusion that there was no right or wrong in what we expressed. I realized we were simply dumping our thoughts on the table and being transparent with our emotions. With all of the time that the night provided me, I gradually understood and respected my girlfriend's reasons for giving up all she has for me. It blinded me at first because all I could think about was what her future would be like and what her parents would say if she did it. Now that I've accepted her arguments, I'm trying to envision if I would be able to do it for her as well. Am I ready to give all I have worked for, for her?

I'll promise myself that I'll take it one step at a time, and I'm positive that I'll get to the point where I'll be happy with my life settling down with her. We'll be living in our own house, which we'll name home, with our own children, whom we'll raise with our love. I sometimes feel like it's far too soon for me to consider starting a family, especially with her. But her sentiments from last night kept playing over and over in my head.

Love doesn't measure how long have you known the person. Love is just there, if you feel it then you're lucky. If they loved you back, jackpot.

The best part of the night, or the nights I spent sleeping in the same bed with Y/N, was her mumbling words that I couldn't understand. The part that isn't-so-best is when she moves a lot—a lot. Sometimes when we're sleeping and snuggling with one other, I'll wake up to find her sprawled across the bed or even sleeping on the floor. That's something I could get used to.

Like right now. When I opened my eyes, the bright sunlight in our room awoken me. To get rid of the sleep, I rubbed my eyes. I'm stretching my arms and legs and yawning at the same time. I'm still tired; I suppose that's the consequence of staying up late overthinking. I rolled over to my right to lean on my girlfriend's body, but all I got was a frigid void. I smiled because I already knew where she was.

I peered around the corner of the bed and saw her flat on her back. Her arm was folded across her face and the other laying on her stomach, her mouth slightly open snoring softly. Despite the strange and uncomfortable sleeping position she's in, I couldn't stop smiling at how cute she looked. I reached for her with my hand, carefully caressing her cheeks in the hopes of not waking her up. My fingers brush the surface softly as if the delicate skin would break into pieces at any moment.

When she's here, I enjoy every second of my day; it doesn't feel like a single second spent with her is wasted. It's constantly full of smiles and laughing, or tender times like yesterday, which doesn't happen very often. 

I've considered introducing her to my family and addressing her as the person I love in front of them. It would be simple to do because my family is incredibly supportive of whatever I do in life, and knowing that I have someone who makes me the happiest girl in the universe will make them happy as well. I'm simply worried about what they're going to say about my childhood to her. It's going to be humiliating.

In her sleep, Y/N began to shift, slowly lowering her arm till it rested on her lips, revealing her still closed eyes. Her eyelids gently flutter open as I withdrew my hand away from her, accustomed to the strong light that had entered our bedroom.

We locked our eyes staring, enjoying one other's features and immersing ourselves in each other's gazes. My eyes were drawn to her brown orbs, which resembled cages into which I could be imprisoned. The sunlight shining on her chocolate eyes was not so dark that they were absolutely black, no. They seem like sunset-colored mountain deserts. It's breathtaking in that way.