CHAPTER 37. "Mistake."

So I'm not going to be soft here, it's dramatic in all type of sh/t so yeah just so you know to be reminded that you're on wattpad and anything can happen. Enjoy, fruties!

That night, after sending the invitation to them, I had already arranged everything; the restaurant reservations and other things I required ahead of time so I wouldn't have to rush and become upset about something when the day arrived. While completing those things, I felt like taking a step back and not doing it, canceling it, but my subconscious urged me to do it anyway because I needed closure with Scarlett.

I should've done it with only her, but that's not going to happen. I may be a social outcast and weird in some way, but I have a smidgeon of assholeness in me, so I chose to be the one to deliver the news to everyone, which is set to happen in ten hours.

I'm here in the Versace store, purchasing a brand new pantsuit because if I'm going to die tonight, I might as well look good on my last night.

The lady escorted me to a room where I would pick up the suit that I had custom-made. I thanked her and she escorted me to a white couch. I sat patiently with my legs crossed and my arm placed on the arm of the couch, resting my head.

I haven't thought of Scarlett as often as I used to in the many days that had gone; I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but it felt nice not thinking of someone who had given me misery. Oh, I started eating, but it was only cereal and milk every morning, which isn't much, but it's better than nothing. I've already spoken with my manager and apologized a million times; he told me I needed to return for the tour as soon as possible since it's in my contract, and I agreed because I truly want to get back on track after this. But there are days when I simply want to give up and die in my apartment, where no one will notice... except Khai, who knows I'm there.

I talked to my family, and as predicted, they were worried sick, but I tried my best to reassure them that I'm well and still breathing. My mother, on the other hand, was absolutely petrified since I had suddenly blipped out of nowhere with the news of me not being on tour, as well as reports of me disappearing due to the alleged infidelity disaster.

When I awoke from my reverie, another woman approached me, holding an elegant bag containing my clothing. I thanked her and exited the store, walking out of a spot where I was already being surrounded by people with cameras. I'm glad I brought my glasses this time to protect my eyes from the bright lights. As a decent person, I smiled for them but refused to answer any of their inquiries.

"Y/N was it true you were cheated on?!"

"Are you going back on tour?!"

"Why did you go missing?!"

Missing? That's ridiculous.

I jumped in my car and drove away from them. When Jeff found out I was in San Francisco, he offered to bring bodyguards with me, but I politely rejected them and assured him I'd be OK on my own. I said I was doing well, but was I? I'm not even sure I know whether I am.

Yeah, peace and quiet help me heal from horrible things, but I've never been betrayed before, so how would I approach the problem, even if I asked someone, I don't know anyone who has been cheated on.

I exhaled contentedly as I entered my flat, placing the bag in my hand on the couch. As I take a seat next to it, I put my feet up on my marble coffee table and my arms behind my head, staring at the blank TV. My mind has been scattered, and I can say the same for my emotions.

I haven't cried in days since the argument I had with Khai. I didn't cry about my failed relationship. I didn't cry because of Scarlett. Or that he cheated on me. No, it's all a waste of water, and I'm saving water in my body because I'm too weary to go up to the kitchen and grab a glass.

After a few moments of contemplation, I rose up and walked into my room to retrieve my luggage. I was looking through my nightstand cupboard for my phone charger when I noticed a piece of jewelry. A silver necklace that will remind me of her always. Since I arrived here, I've taken it off despite swearing not to, but every time I see or feel it, a picture of her face is imprinted in my memory, and it reminds me of the horrible things she did to me.

I push the thoughts aside stuffing it in my pocket and make my way out, taking everything with me, to the airport where my private plane is waiting. Everyone smiled at me, and I smiled back through my spectacles. I couldn't give them the joy of seeing my entire face since I knew I look like a fucking skeleton with those huge black bags under my eyes. I don't fucking understand why I have does despite the fact that I've been sleeping a lot, I mean, that's all I've been doing in a day.

I sat in a seat and suffered the journey alone, just the aircraft's engines preventing me from becoming lost in my lousy thoughts. The trip was mainly silent, except when the flight attendant asked me what I needed, which was nothing, and if she could offer me love or something.

I wanted to sleep, but I guess I've had enough of that, so I just sit there watching the clouds pass by. Birds soaring around in the distance and green patches of grass on the ground, it was a few simple things that captivated me.

Isn't that how life is? It appears to be so simple, yet every every person on the damn planet does stupid things that complicate matters. Though I would argue that life is neither easy or fair, it is the cruelest place you could physically be because you have this person around you who you don't and don't know, and no matter what you do, good or bad, they will always have something to say or do.

Perhaps one of the reasons Scarlett exploited me in that manner was public criticism; she had always been a beautiful lady, and spurred by people's remarks, particularly those of women who desired her, she decided to try it, with me.

But I can't make that assumption. I might be mistaken.

Ugh! Why was it necessary for life to be so brutal to me? Isn't it enough that I've already suffered enough from college, and now it's doing this to me? Can't I have a break?

When we landed, Jeff sent me a lift and drove me directly to a hotel, where I immediately had a shower because the party didn't start for another hour and a half. I can't help but grin at myself after putting on my Versace suit in front of the mirror; despite everything I've gone through, I still look fabulous.

While the suit was a little big but not too huge, I fastened the three buttons on its bottom half, leaving a space a little high revealing a bit of my breast. I wore a black bralette underneath since I don't want to show off my chest in front of my family and friends. I put on a few accessories and some light makeup, but I put on a lot of eyeliner just because.

I took out my L'INTERDIT Givenchy perfume from my suitcase and sprayed it all over myself while smiling at myself in the mirror.