020. to call a friend (5)

it would be nice if you could spare a heart

ᅠᅠ╰─> THEIR NEW school? Gloomy. The atmosphere? Probably vibing with death, drunk with some tasty tequila at hand.

The corridors were engulfed in forlorn darkness as if a diabolical evil spirit already called dibs on this place a couple of ancient years ago.

"This kind of thing had never happened till now..." Sorrow meshed with Ban Yeoryeong and Ham Dan-i's contorted faces upon learning their new class allotment for the fresh start of a semester.

Ah...

Scratch the uninvited yokai, it was just the them being all down in the dumps. The building itself wasn't haunted at all, but these two girls sure looked soulless.

You, who had just caught up with them, hands buried in your yellow hoodie, trailed their line of sight to read whatever had drastically soured their mood.

There, the names 'Ham Dan-i' and 'Ham Haru' were jotted down way below the list for the designated students in Class 1-1──the class where Ban Yeoryeong and the boys were assigned into. Contrary to their hopeful expectations since last night's meeting, the Ham twins were finally stripped away from them and shoved into another class, Class 1-8.

Ham Dan-i's desperate resolution from yesterday crossed your mind, as if making it clear what caused this phenomenon.

It was obvious that fate was against them.

"Well, isn't this interesting?"

Just when my sister finally decided to stick with the gang with no regrets...I feel like I knew this was coming. But, ah...I really hate it when I suddenly don't remember important events when I need it. What, are we going to meet new characters in Class 1-8? Is that it?

You've read the novel Inso's Law on loop since long ago, and adding the infinite regressions you've experienced, the flow of the story should've been engraved in your thick skull by now.

However, for reasons unknown to the current you, the accumulated memories from all the rewinds were anything but vivid. Sure, you remember bits and pieces of a certain main scenario. But they were all selective ones. You couldn't remember all of the future events at will and this disappointed you a lot.