013. confusing emergency

"You've got an emergency call from your parents

"You've got an emergency call from your parents."

.

.

.

The teacher's face was grave as she handed Ham Haru the phone in the faculty room. This made the older Ham twin wonder. What could've happened for an adult to create an expression like that at a time like this? Was there a typhoon hitting the place? It couldn't be that since the weather report this morning said it was going to be cloudy. Did dad lose his shave again? Maybe that could be it.

There were too many surprises that the ebony girl would not even be fazed if another sprung up once more.

"Thank you."

Ham Haru took the phone, folding her eyes to smile before placing it against her ear, bracing herself for whatever was waiting at the other end.

"Hello, mom?"

[ Haru, I want you to come home quickly! I already explained it to your teachers, so get your bag and hurry! ]

A sweat tumbled down from her cheek.

Just what on Earth happened?

....

"So you're telling me you pretended to be in critical danger ─ that your numbness got worse ─ and that you had the gall to call your sister for back up..."

A woman that seemed to be in her early thirties was apologetically sitting on the floor while Ham Haru, still in her uniform fresh from Ji Jon Middle School, stood in front of her with crossed arms.

To think I had an aunt to begin with... Ham Haru pathetically smiled, recalling what happened earlier before this scene.

.

.

.

"Haru."

Her mom's sad tone of voice replayed in Ham Haru's mind as she quickly headed to the train station after being briefed of the situation.

"I actually have an older sister living not too far from here."

The ebony girl ran with all her might, hoping she wasn't too late. Since her parents were both working, none of them could immediately take a leave. She had to make it in time.

"She doesn't want to get involved with us, so she disowned herself...but..."

Through the phone, not even Ham Haru could miss the visible sense of concern in her mother's voice.

"Right now, this is the first time she asked for my help. Before she left the family, I had heard she had some kind of illness, but she never tells us anything. Haru, I'd like you to check up on your aunt. Please see how she's doing for me."