021. strange kiro (1)

"

"...Kiro?"

As the name left your lips, the blonde boy tilted his head sideways.

"Huh?"

Quickly you covered your mouth the moment you had come to terms with what you accidentally uttered.

Had you lost your mind? Sure, you were practically obsessed with Kiro. But no matter how hard you wished him to be real and living, he was fictional.

You rubbed your eyes, pretty much sure you've never indulged in partaking drugs. I mean, you did take pills, but they were sleeping pills for your insomnia. As a regressor, it had been difficult for you to rest properly with all the responsibilities that came with the knowledge of the future.

Yeah, the lack of sleep must've made me hallucinate at this point.

Despite cleaning your glasses and blinking, waiting for the person beside you to look any different—his appearance remained the same.

His skin was transparently pale, and his light blonde hair gently scattered around his white forehead. His artisan-crafted, straight, sharp nose, those cherry lips of his, the clavicle revealed through his loose collar, and his deer-like, sleek neck above looked smooth and seamless.

He then perked his red lips upward to show a gleaming smile at you.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Lee Ruda. Is 'Kiro' another Korean word for a greeting? It's the first I've heard..."

You felt yourself mellowing under the melodic voice, although you instantly smacked your face with great force internally to get your head out of the clouds, maintaining a neutral grin outside. His voice wasn't as deep as Kiro's—it sounded genderless and purely ringing that you felt jerked back to reality even more. Just by knowing he doesn't even know who Kiro is...clearly this isn't Kiro at all, so stop daydreaming, Ham Haru! Aren't there blondes here with blue eyes as well but they're Americans?

Regaining your composure, you held out a hand. "Ham Haru. Are you a foreigner by any chance?"

"Yes, I just recently moved here from America! I hope my pronunciation isn't all that weird. I learned Korean from my mom." He shook your hand with a bubbly aura. It felt heartwarming, squeezing your chest a bit.

"No, you're okay—"

"You two at the back!!"

You usually don't flinch even when it's the teacher bellowing, but considering the unexpected rendezvous, you felt so jumpy this morning.

You and your new classmate faced forward to meet your advisor crossing his arms, disappointed that none of you were listening to him earlier when he announced for the self introductions.

"Since you two seem impatient, how about you start introducing yourself to the whole class?"

First day, and you've already been marked as a troublemaker—by your teacher no less. This wasn't a very fresh first impression.