022. strange kiro (2)

"The general size of the classroom is 9m x 7

"The general size of the classroom is 9m x 7.5m. If I'm in the same class as Dan-I and unnie, the furthest our seats could be is about 11.7153745..."

Meanwhile in Class 1-1's classroom, as if bad omen struck the entire world, Ban Yeoryeong, face first on her desk, mulled over in despair at this unfavorable situation.

"From the classroom 1-1 to 1-8, including the hallway and classrooms in between, 9m x 8m = 72m. Divided by 11, that's 6.55...The distance between me and them is 6.55 times more...Unbelievable..."

"What's unbelievable is how you can calculate that in such a short time, even down to the decimals." Eun Jiho, who was always placed second below her in every exam, trembled at the terrifying thought.

"The 11th month... Ah~ You laid down, covered with a cloth...You looked very sad. Aaah~ We love each other, but live separately... Ahh~...sniff sniff..."

Down in the dumps, Woo Ju-in began to recite despite his quivering voice laced with sorrow.

"A Goryeo Folk Song the 11th month? When did you even memorize that?!"

Eun Jiho wasn't sure if he should applaud in amazement after witnessing the power of being a genius, or be fearful of their capabilities. Nevertheless, being their friend, he tried to cheer them up.

"Whoever sees them would think that the twins transferred to an overseas school. I should be grateful that they didn't move,.."

"You're the one who should transfer schools..."

At Ban Yeoryeong's cruel words, Eun Jiho felt his entire being crack.

"Yeoryeong, the teacher asked for the class president and the vice president to go to the staff room. So gather yourself and get up." Kwon Eunhyung reminded her.

"Okay..."

Unlike with Eun Jiho where no one paid him any heed, Ban Yeoryeong listened obediently to the red haired boy and followed him out languidly.

Why was he still here? Just to suffer?

.

.

.

Sauntering in the hallway, passing the many different rooms with heavy steps, Ban Yeoryeong groaned in regret.

"I forgot to pray yesterday, that's why it turned out like this..."

"Pray?" Kwon Eunhyung asked, puzzled by the sudden topic.

"I was so shocked by what Dan-I said yesterday I forgot to..." She explained. "Every time before a new school term, I would pray really hard so that Dan-I, unnie, and I—the three of us can be in the same class! And after Dan-I...had resolved to stay together with us...Even in her current situation..."

Maybe it really was her fault that they ended up in this predicament. She couldn't help but blame herself for this unforgivable mistake.

"Unnie is strong, but Dan-I...how  scared and lonely must she be, separated from us...?"