Chapter 4

"I love you too....Hajime-kun" He finally said, resting his head on my shoulder.

       Nagito continued.

      "I know you said that I shouldn't always put others' needs first, over myself. But if it's you, I don't think I could do it.." Nagito said, he began to squeeze tighter, where it started to get a bit harder to breathe.

      "...I want to protect you. Protect you from the despair that will try to poison your hope.." He said. His voice turned slightly ominous.

       I lightly tapped his back, trying to strike his attention, but he didn't let up. I was used to Nagito's sudden behavioral changes, but this was unexpected. I started calling out his name.

       "H-hey Nagito, lighten up a little, would ya." I said, tapping his back a little harder. He finally released me from his crushing embrace. I leaned back, looking back up at him again.

        "M-my apologies Hinat-...H-Hajime-kun!" He said to me, turning his head slightly to the side blushing. I chuckle, why is he getting so flustered just by saying my first name.

       I raised both my hands against either side of Nagito's face.

      "On what you said earlier. If that's the case, I will also do my very best to care for you, and protect you from any means necessary." I said, determined.

      By the look on his face, he was generally surprised. "In case you didn't know Nagito, being in a relationship means we treat each other equally." I spoke.

      "Y-You don't have to trouble yourself to that task Hinata-kun..I-I mean Hajime-kun!..I mean!!" He looked down in defeat. "T-Thank you, Hajime-kun." He finally said. My smile widened.

      "Heheheh, hey." I said, lifting his chin up to look at me. "You're trying. That's all that matters to me." I lean in pecking him on the cheek.

       Startled, He jumped back holding his cheek, his face tinting with a pink hue.

       "H-Hajime!" He yelled flustered with widened eyes. I couldn't contain my laughter any longer.

       After a couple of minutes, I calmed down, finally rising to my feet. I held out my hand, to help Nagito up on his feet. Which he accepted.

      "Now, enough with the romantic clichès. I need your help talking me out of pulling an all-nighter on these reports."

      We both made our way to the living room. I sat on the couch, while Nagito followed and sat next to me.

    "Tehehe, oh Hajime-kun. Working yourself to the bone I see. What case is it?" He questioned, leaning in closer to get a better look. I saw his eyebrows furrow a bit, when he saw it.

      "Yeah..we are still on THAT case." I said looking back at all the papers scattered across the table. I sighed. "It would be great if we got some sort of lead about this killer. The only thing we know about them is, they will always leave the two letters "T.H" somewhere around the scene. That has to be their initials or some sort of alias." I said, placing my hands on either side of my temples, rubbing it in circles from frustration.

      I begin to open up the laptop when Nagito quickly shuts it back down. I looked at him, confusion obviously printed on my face.

      "You're not doing anymore work tonight~" He said.

      "Well I still have some work I have to do." I say, opening my laptop once more, only for Nagito to close it back down.

     "Have you been working all day?" Nagito asked.