Chapter 24

______________________________________          
             ⚠️Mentions of Suicide⚠️
_______________________________________

         "You are needed, Nagito. When the three of us would hang out; And you fell asleep, Hajime would talk a lot about you...He really does love you." She said. I snap out of it, blushing slightly. "When I first met Hajime, he didn’t have the same drive and determination...His mind always seemed so heavy. I always tried to help him as much as I could...But there was always something else on his mind, whenever I would try and distract him."

          That is true. Hajime-Kun always had his head in the clouds. Always seems like something was on his mind. "But then, after when we all hung out that night; The night when I took that photo with the two of you. He suddenly changed. He seemed more motivated, less stressed...More happy." I sat there, listening to every word Nanami-Chan was saying.

          "Nagito. You're the reason why Hajime is in this position right now. Not saying that he wouldn't be able to do it on his own...But, you were the one who gave him that motivation, that-"

          "Hope..." I interrupted. Nanami-Chan looked at me, than smiled.

           "Yep. And, I can see some improvements with your character as well." I tilt my head in confusion, as I start to chuckle.

           "Tehehe, improvements? That's a funny joke, Nanami-Chan~" I said, with a wide smile.

           She sighs...

           "If only you could see yourself the way Hajime and I see you, Nagito. I know old habits die hard...But, I can tell that you're slowly trying to break free from it." She then smiled again, brightly.

          "Hajime is very proud of you."

          My eyes widen, as my entire face turned bright red. 'Hajime-kun...Said that? He's proud of me?' I began to tug at the red drawstrings on my green jacket.

          "Hey, Nanami-Chan?..."

          "Hm?"

          "Thanks for telling me that." I said. And I really meant it. I don't necessarily want to hurt Nanami-Chan, but...When it comes to my beloved Hajime-Kun...Anyone that tries to disrupt his Hope...Will be dead on the spot.

           "No problem." She chuckled.

           We sat there in silence for a moment, my face still a bit red. I glance up, looking at Hajime-Kun once more. He was talking with an officer. . .Everything about him was beautiful. His spiky hair, his eyes, the 547 freckles on his face...

          I felt myself drifting again, as the drool escaped my mouth...Those lips...My eyes slowly moved lower, as I eyed those curves of his.

          'Hah~ Hajime-kun~ Even just saying his name makes my heart leap; Especially being able to call him by his first name. It just rolls off the tongue, oh so delicately~"

          Hajime-Kun~

             Hajime-Kun~

                 Hajime~

                       Hajime...

          --

          I noticed Nagito staring quite intensely at me. Intrigued, I began to walk over to him. Once I got closer, Chiaki was the only one who noticed. Nagito seemed to be in his own little world again.