Chapter 36

"You two were gone for a while; Did something happen?" Kirigiri asked, watching the both of us stumble back into the open back door. I look at the clock on the wall...Has it really been eight-teen minutes of us being in the backyard?

        I'm not the best when it comes to lying...Especially when it comes to Kirigiri, who’s staring at me quite hard. "Oh! I was just showing Hajime-kun the Mochi's I've made for him~" Nagito answered...He wasn't entirely wrong, so it's technically not a lie. But, for that long? I'm sure the three of them knew something else happened. 

       Kirigiri was staring at me for the longest time, before losing her eyes and lightly sighed. "It's fine. While you both were gone, we...Well, Saihara and I put the banner up." She said, while glancing over to Chiaki who continued to play on her switch. I snicker a bit.

       Of course.

       Both Nagito and I walk further into the house to see the other side of this giant banner. Standing beside Saihara, I took a look at his expression as he stared at the final decoration...He..Didn't look entirely pleased. Finally I re-read the banner...I sigh.

       The large piece of streamers read; In big letters, 'Congratulations, to my lovely and hopeful fianće, Hajime Hinata ~'

       And in extremely tiny letters...+ Shuichi, Saihara-

      "..He spelled my name wrong." He said to himself, but loud enough for me to hear him. I took a second look for the mistake, and indeed...His name was misspelled. . .Oh Nagito..

      I looked over to him, about to open my mouth in a hush tone, before I noticed his expression. He looked...So happy..I don't want to burst his bubble like that, but-

      "The banner looks great, Komaeda." Saihara praised. Nagito looked at him, and smiled brightly.

      "Ah, r-really!? Such a kind compliment...Thanks Saihara-kun!"

      It was obvious Saihara was lying...But I guess he thought the same way I did. I still feel bad though...

      .

      .

      .

      --

      Thirty minutes have passed as another person came ringing at our doorstep. "Oh~ I'll get it, Hajime-kun!" I quickly said, speed walking my way to the front door. 

      Behind our giant doors, revealed a woman with long blond hair, that was all braided into one. She wore an elegant teal summer dress that sparkled and shined like the sun. 

       "Ah! Sonia, Nevermind; I'm so glad you could make it!" I greeted, bowing my head in her presents.

       "Good afternoon, Komaeda-San. What a gorgeous home you both have. As I was making my way to your doorstep, I noticed your beautiful little garden! Oh - those red chrysanthemums were a gorgeous choice!" She eulogised. Hajime-kun was the one who chose those flowers, but I realized...I never asked why he wanted those kinds of plants in particular.

       No matter the reason, the fact that Nevermind-San is praising those pretty flowers Hajime-kun planted, only further proves how amazing he is...Oh~ I'm so lucky.

       "I have read that those types of flowers symbolize love, and deep passion; Such romantic organisms~" She continued. "Haha~ was that the reason you both decided to plant them?" She asked, curiously tilting her head to the side. My face dusted with a pink hue, as I glanced at Hajime-kun from my peripherals.

        Hajime-kun...

        Was that the actual reason?

        I felt my body increase in temperature, as my face only sank deeper into a shade of pink. I continued to sheepishly stare at the ground, getting that giddy feeling once again.."W-Well actually...It wasn't I who planted those lovely flowers; Hajime-kun was the one who brought the seeds home, and grew-"