Chapter 30

It was early in the morning around nine. I'm sure everyone, even my work partners, should know that I am not a morning person. On top of that, I'm taking Nagito to be interrogated for something he didn't commit.

        I sigh. . . .

        I'm tired.

        "Hajime-kun. Is everything alright?" Nagito asked. Placing a hand on my thigh. I look at him from the corner of my eye, then back to the road.

         "I'm okay." I lied. Honestly, I'm too tired to even talk right now, so I replied with something short and sweet, something that doesn't involve anymore explanation.

          I felt Nagito's eyes still glued onto me. I already know that he could see that there was something wrong. He then turned away, placing his hand back into his lap.

          "I'm sorry about all of this, Hajime-kun. It was my fault..."

          "Hm? Why would say-"

          "It's because of my luck...Hajime-kun, have you realized that my bad luck hasn't been that bad in a very long while? What if...It was all built up to this moment...The moment...That we might be separated."

          The hell? What is saying?

          "All because I was framed for murder. Us being separated...Maybe that's the Ultimate Bad Luck-"

           "Nagito." I interrupted, sternly.

          Nagito looked at me, a bit startled from my change of tone. I stared at him intensely from the corner of my eye, But also keeping watch of the road.

          "I don't like hearing you say those things. You're not getting framed, and we're never getting separated." I said, turning my gaze fully to the road.

           "Such positivity~ how could you be so sure, my love?" Nagito asked. To be completely honest, I don't have a good enough answer for that. I never expected something like this to happen...

            . . .

            ...That serial killer...That damn KILLER!

            "I just...Know. . .I will find that killer...I will find out who they are...And then...And then..." My breath began to quicken, as my grip went tighter around the wheel. My mind couldn't keep up with my lips.

             "I'll kill them."

            I heard a shuffling noise, as Nagito spoke.

            "...H-Hajime-Kun..." Nagito called out, quite shocked, I was even shocked myself. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

           "I'm sorry...It is true that I am quite frustrated about all of this, but it's not because of you, Nagito." I reassured. "I'm just angry...Angry that, that killer somehow managed to try and ruin the person who is nearest and dearest to me."

           --

          My eyes widen as Hajime-kun said that. Is he talking about...Me? My body began to shiver again...Oh Hajime-kun...You can't say those kinds of things, out of nowhere...My body...Really can't handle the...Affection~♡

          My face increased in temperature. Would Hajime-kun...Really go that far...To hurt someone...For me? A memory then formed to when I went to Hope's Peak.

          The night when my life did a complete 180. That evening, when Hajime-kun and a stupid student got into a brawl; Hajime-kun threw the first punch, because that guy was talking bad about me...Of course, back then, I wasn't angry that he was talking about me, because everything that he said was true.