Chapter 6

Heyo guys! This isn't a new chapter sorry...I just unpublished this chapter to add a few things. I added a few new dialog in the middle of the chapter~ chapter 7 will be done very soon, maybe tomorrow? Or even tonight.
_______________________________________
      Did...Did I hear that right?... That name...it sounds so familiar. After a few seconds, it hits me, my back sat up straight.

      "Hiyoko, Saionji...S-She was one of the people we graduated with..." I said in realization. "There is no way...that the killer's victim..was one of our classmates." I said in disbelief. I grasp my pants, balling my hands into a tight fist.

      After a while of sitting in silence, I heard something to my right, as if someone was mumbling. I turn my head, and saw Nagito sitting down with his head low, hair covering his face.

      The mumbling continued. He is probably in as much shock as I am, maybe even worse. He usually comforts me when things like this happens, so it's time I do the same. This has to be the first time I have ever seen him this distraught.

      I got up, and began to slowly walk towards him. Standing beside him, it doesn't seem like he took any notice of my presence yet.

      "Nagito?" I call out to him. Not too loud to startle him, but loud enough for any person a few inches away could hear. There was no sign that he had heard me, I then crouch down to his level, moving a bit closer.

      "Nagito." I said, in a more stern tone. Still, he had his head down, mumbling to himself. There was a couple of words I got out from his muttering.

      'Regret?, Oma?'

      Confused and concerned, I reach for his shoulder, yelling out his name.

       "Nagito!-" Before I could touch his shoulder, his hand quickly grabbed my wrist, head whipping in my direction, as he stared down at me. His expression...it's something I have never seen before. His eyes were dark, full of rage, and cold, colder than ice, to the point where I can feel my body burning from frostbite, just by looking into them. My body started to tremble.

       "H-Hey! W-What are you doing!?" I asked, distress taking over my body. I began to tug my arm away, trying to free myself from his grasp, this action only made his grip tighter. His nails digging deeper into my skin, I grind my teeth together.

      "ARGGH!" I suck in air through my teeth, as the pain started to get unbearable. "N-Nagito, please! t-that hurts!" I cry out to him, but nothing that I do or say seems to get through to him. I crack an eye open, looking back at that horrifyingly grim expression, I then do the unthinkable. Weakly, I lift my left arm up, slowly moving it towards his face till I finally made contact.

      "Nagito..." I call for him again, calmer than before. "Can you feel me?..." I asked, caressing his face, the grip on my wrist began to weaken. "Can you hear me?..." I questioned. His grip weakened some more as his body started to shake. I remove my hand from his face, placing it behind his head, moving his head forward, as I rest my forehead against his.

      "Can you...see me?..." I heard his breath start to tremble, as I smile.

       "Did I finally reach you? Are you there Nagito? It's me, Hajime." I say. I began to see his eyes luminate once again. My eyes starting to burn as I can feel myself start to tear up. I stood up, and sat on his lap, hugging him. I wanted to let him know that he will be okay, that I am okay.

      "...W-What...?" Nagito said, barely auditable, but I heard it. I stroke his hair, trying to reassure him that I am okay. Knowing that, once he fully comes back to his senses, what we are slowly working up to, him finally and almost comfortably calling me by my first name. I can't imagine how bad his self-deprecating remarks will be.