Chapter 21

_FlashBack__________________________              
                 Child Abuse ⚠️ _____________________________________

          Salutations~ My name is Nagito, Komaeda. You won't believe it...I don't even believe it myself but...I was hand picked, and was chosen to be a representative of Hope's Peak Academy! Can you believe it? I certainly cannot.

         I closed my computer, and wiggled myself out of bed. Once I made it to the stairs, there was a noise like dishes clancking together. And the sweet aroma of my Mother's Hopeful cooking.

         I walked down the stairs, and towards the kitchen. I smile brightly as I saw my mother cooking one of my favorite meals, Salmon and sweet potato soba noodles; My mouth is watering.

        "Evening Mother~" I greeted, walking in with my hands clasped behind my back. She turned to me, giving me one of her signature sweet motherly smiles.

         "Good Evening, my sweet Nagito. How are you darling? You're getting so tall; Almost as tall as your Father now"

         I chuckle.

         "I'm feeling quite brilliant actually~ There's something important that I need to tell both you and Father." I said. Quite excited to tell them the news. She then did a small chuckle.

         "Now I'm all curious! Your Father won't be home for another two hours; He is still on his flight, so you can always tell me now, sweetheart." She said smiling, as she countiued cutting up the green onions.

         "Tehehe, I'll be glad to tell you now Mother~ I could never say no to you." I said, cheerfully. I lean my body against the counter; Something that is actually forbidden, because it is shown to be impolite. But I was too excited to even realize it.

          "Nagito, honey, what did I tell you about leaning against things~ Having proper posture, and body language is shown to be respectful." She said, calmly.

          I quickly stood up straight, removing my body from off the counter. "Y-Yes, right. My apologies Mother." I apologized. "Um so...I just got an email on my computer and, turns out...I was selected to be a representative of Hope's Peak Academy!"

           As I said that, Mother stopped her movements; She halted her chopping, and just stood there...Motionless. I tilt my head in confusion, as the silence was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.

          Was she that shocked that she just couldn't put her thoughts into words? Or. . .Was she disappointed...

          ".  .  ."

          "Nagito...Are you able to mix the soba noodles on the stove there?" She replied. Not saying anything about the wonderful news that I was so excited to tell her about...At least, I thought it was wonderful news.

           "Ah, yes...Of course I can, Mother." I quickly walk over to the stove, grabbed a large spoon, and started to carefully stir the soba.

           We both never said anything else...All could be heard was the knife hitting the cutting board as it sliced through the vegetable, and the spoon that was scraping against the bottom of the pot, as I kept stirring...And stirring. . .

          And stirring. . .

          I stood there, overthinking whether she was happy for me...Or disappointed...If she was disappointed...That would mean. . .No..

          I. . .I don't want be sent to that glass jail again. . .I haven't visited that place for almost a year now...It's been the best times of my life. My hands only started to shake, completely throwing off my stirring rhythm.