Chapter 13

The scene in front of me, was just as disturbing as the last. The pale skin...Those wide open, cold, dead pupils. . .That nauseating feeling was slowly coming back again.

       "Stay with us Hinata." Kirigiri said. I swallow down the gross burning feeling that built up in my esophagus, and took another deep breath; This time through my mouth.

       We watched as Kirigiri crouched down next to the body, examining it. . .Far to closely. "U-Um, Kirigiri?" Saihara interrupted. "Don't you think we should wait a little longer for the Forensic Pathologist to arrive, to perform the autopsy?" Saihara questioned. It took Kirigiri a while to answer, as her main focus was on the body.

       "She won't be able to. Tsumiki, Mikan was released from her position." She inquired, still deeply looking at the lifeless corpse. This was news to me; She was one of the kindest people that I have ever met when I started working here. So why?

      "A-ah...Well, I am sure there are others that will arrive in her place-" Saihara was then cut off.

       "I am capable of doing this myself." She interrupted. We both decided to back off. Saihara and I, exchanged glances, then decided to split up to different sides of the room.

               ~•{INVESTIGATE}•~

        I look around the room. . .It doesn't seem like there was any sort of struggle; The killer of course, probably caught the victim by surprise. Everything seemed to be neat and tidy, except for the pile of books on the ground.

        "Hm...That seems out of place...Why are all these books stacked upon eachother in front of this large bookshelf?" I said to myself.  Even the smallest little details could make a big difference in a case.

      •{Pile of books has been added to the truth bullet section of your notebook}•

      I take a step back, and noticed a small foot print on one of the stacked books. I raise my hand, lightly rubbing my index finger over the print. "This print is fresh. The way it so easily stuck onto my finger. . .Was someone standing on it?

       •{Footprint on the stacked book has been added to the truth bullet section of your notebook.}•

       'If someone was standing on it, they probably were trying to reach for something high.' I thought to myself, as I step back to look up and down the towering bookshelf.

       All the books that were stacked to be used for a ladder, were all taken from the bottom of the shelf; But as I look up all the way to the top, there was one singular book missing. Then it suddenly clicked...They were probably trying to reach that book.

       •{Missing book has been added to the truth bullet section of your notebook.}•

       I write down all the information.  'Now that I think about it..I should ask the staff a couple of questions.'

       I turn the other direction, heading for the door. "Where are you going?" Saihara asked.

       "I wanted to ask the staff a couple of questions about something" I inquired. Kirigiri then poked her head up, standing up, and turned in my direction.

       "I have a few questions of my own as well." She said, making her way out the storage room door. I soon followed behind.

      We both made our way out of the library doors. We noticed an old looking woman sitting on the back of an ambulance, with a blanket covering her, keeping her warm. By the look of the uniform, she seems to be the one in charge of managing this library.