Chapter 29

Finally, I sat down in my office chair, and got down to business. I sigh...What an interesting day...If it's even daytime anymore.

        Nagito went out to run some errands. So I have the house to myself for now; Better make use for it, and focus. . .

        I turn my attention to my phone, that was still laying face first on the ground. . .Oh no...

        I went to retrieve it, praying that the screen wasn't broken. The amount of phone screens I have broken, would shock anyone. Slowly...I turn my phone to it's screen. . .

        I growl...

        "Motherfucker. I'm such an idiot." I cursed. Surprise, surprise, the screen was shattered in one corner...Ugh...What a shitty piece of crap.

        Nagito would always offer to pay whenever something like this happens, but I never accept the offers. Yes, he is rich, so paying for this would be like paying for a small Meiji Chocolate Bar. And yes, we are living together and getting married. . .But, I just don't feel comfortable with using his money when I am a working man.

        And even when I do, I always pay him back. There will always be a back and forth between us, from Nagito not accepting the money, and I completely ignoring his regards, telling him to take it.

      I open my phone, noticing the two miss calls from Kirigiri...I sigh. Putting my hands together in a praying gesture.

       "Who ever is there listening...Please, protect me as I return this phone call." I prayed. Finally, I open my call log, and tapped Kirigiri's contact.

        The phone began to ring...

         ... ... ...

         And ring...

         ... ... ...

         And ring. . .

         .  .  .Come on...It's either she really is busy...Or just being petty...

         I was just about to hang up the phone, when the ringing suddenly stopped...I waited for a moment, but no one spoke. Removing the phone from my ears, I noticed the calling time began counting the seconds.
There was no voicemail, which means...There has to be someone on the other end.

        I open my mouth to speak.

        "So, you finally answered." Kirigiri interrupted...

         Here we go...

        "Yeaahh...Sorry about that Kirigiri...I ended up sleeping past my alarm, and woke up abit late. Then-"

         "I am not angry, only because you would have found out sooner or later. So there was no need to lie to me." She stated. I begin to blush from total embarrassment...It was a pretty idiotic move to have tried to lie my way through this conversation...Especially when it's an exchange between Kirigiri and I.

          "I was only calling you to give a heads up." I tilt my head, as the embarrassing blush soon depleted from my freckled face. "Tomorrow morning..."

         "We wanted to bring in Komaeda, Nagito for a couple of questions." She said. My back went straight, as my expression turned serious.

          A while back, when that library incident occurred, Nagito seemed like the main suspect. And, when I questioned Oma; Who was there...He did mention that he saw a taller figure with a long flowing jacket...But...That could be anyone...Man, Woman...