Chapter 35

"A drowning...That's so cruel..." Saihara stated.

        The three of us all decided to meet up at one of the open office desks in the building. Saihara and I continued looking through Tsumiki's report, while Kirigiri stayed standing, looking over other files relating to other cases.

       I watched as Saihara pulled out a notebook and pen, placing both of them on the desk. "We should rewrite all the information we have so far for Tsumiki's case."

      "Also involving the interrogation with Komaeda, Nagito." Kirigiri finished. I sighed quietly through my nose...I could feel something off rising from the pits of my stomach. I was hoping Nagito's name wouldn't be mentioned in this case ever again.

       But I feel something like this will take a while to run away from.

       "Let's start off with her autopsy. Tsumiki, Mikan, who was only at the age of 25, was found dead in her own bedroom. Her friend; Nanami, Chiaki came to visit her...Only to find Tsumiki lifeless body hanging from a rope."

        Poor Chiaki...Having to witness something like this; Seeing her good friend be murdered in such a way...
                                 ■
        "..H-Hajime...I...S-Something Happened..."

        "...Mikan...She's d-dead..."
                                 ■
       All I could think about was how traumatic that would've been for her...She is one of the last people, other than Nagito that deserves to witness something so...So gruesome. 

      "Beyond further inspection, there were purplish spots on her back, the back of her thighs, arms, and calves. She was already on the last stage of ridge mortis. From these decisive evidence, we came to the conclusion that this wasn't a suicide-"

       "But a murder." I said, finishing Saihara's sentence. "They drowned her...Then a day later hung her..." Saihara looked up at me, and sighed quietly as he nodded his head.

       "There was also another important detail if you continue looking through the autopsy." Kirigiri added. There was more? Was I really that shocked about the cause of death that I missed something? Saihara seemed to know what she was talking about, making me feel even more left out. I watched as Saihara began writing down this unknown information.

      I...Didn't want to seem like I didn't know either, I never said anything. I lean a little closer, trying to see what he was writing down...

      A foreign foamy-like substance was also found in the lungs and stomach?...Lab test results show. . .

      ...

      Hm? He stopped writing. 

      "Uh...Hinata...?" He called out. I turn my focus to him. His face had a faded embarrassed blush, as I noticed that I ended leaning a little too close for comfort, trying to read over his shoulder. In a panic, I quickly pull away...Now being a little too far away to even see what was on the page.

      "To clue you in Hinata; The test results revealed, it was dish soap." Kirigiri inquired. 

      .  .  .

      "D-Dish soap? As in...The soap you use in the kitchen?"

     ". . .I'm sure that's the main purpose of it, yes."

     I felt my stomach begin to churn in a certain way, as a subconscious thought itched its way back to the surface. 

     Purple hair...