Chapter 28

Is it still the same day? When did I fall back asleep?

         Feeling comfy, I was probably in bed. It's should be the afternoon by now; Hajime-kun is probably at work. We were supposed to spend a little more time together this morning, but trash like m- I-I mean, I can't believe I wasted my morning sleeping instead of spending it with Hajime-kun.

        I nuzzle my face deeper into the pillow.

        "Hmm~" I hum. This pillow even smells a lot like him. He must have placed me on his side of the bed by mistake; Aha~ best mistake ever.

         I then noticed the pillow moving slightly; Up...then down, in a rhythmic motion...Huh...

        How strange...

       I finally flutter my eyes open, everything was still a bit blurry. My eyes finally began to adjust...And that's when confusion started to set in...

       I wasn't on the bed at all...I was still on the ground. So then, why does it feel so warm and comfortable?

       As I thought about that, I drag my head to look up.

        ".  .  .  ."

        I quickly lift my head and gasp.

        "H-HAJIME-KUN!" I yelped, as loud as my voice box could handle.

         Absolutely startled, Hajime-kun's eyes shot wide open, as he quickly raised himself from his laying position. During the process, both our heads collided with one another.

          "ARGGH!" Hajime-kun yelled in pain, holding his forehead. I followed, rubbing mine; That's definitely gonna bruise. . .Ugh, not to mention that I'm still recovering from that small head injury.

          "N-Nagito! Did something happen!? What's going on!?" Hajime-kun asked in a panic. He looked around the room, frantically, probably looking for a sense of danger.

          "Y-You're late! You should be at work! Oh no. It was me, wasn't it. You felt bad and didn’t want to wake me, right? You should've woken me up! It was foolish of me to have fallen asleep on top of you like that...And, now all because of me... You're late for work..." I continued to ramble. On my knees, I continuously bowed my head, apologizing over and over.

           ".  .  .  ."

           "Ugh...Is that what this is all about? Jeeez, you really scared me you know." Hajime-Kun said, as he continued to rub his forehead.

           I kept apologizing profusely; Completely losing count on how many times I have said it.

          "And stop apologizing, you idiot." Hajime-Kun then lightly bonked my head. "I didn't wake you because I felt bad...It was because I...I..." Hajime-kun began to stutter, as his face grew slightly pink.

          "D-Did you think it was cute or something?" I asked. It was meant to be another one of my teasing jokes, due to him blushing so hard...But by the way he flinched, and the way his face heated up even more...I guess I got my answer.

           "N-No way! Did I accidentally get the right answer again!?" I smiled. Hiding my mouth behind my hand, trying to stop myself from laughing.

           "H-How did you-" Before he could finish, I lost my composure. Before I knew it, I went from frustration and sadness, to absolute joy and laughter.

           "PpffT-TeheAHaHaHA!~ I-I didn't~ But I guess I do now! HehHa!" Hajime-kun eyes widen, as his face went from surprised, to complete aggravation.