Chapter 9

ALEXANDRA'S POV

April 10, 2020

"I beg you pardon?! You're what?" I asked again, not believing what my ears just heard. "My dead ex girlfriend" Vinnie says, getting angry by every word he speaks. "Let me guess, you put her into this and she died, huh?" I guessed. Vinnie looked at me with sorrow in his eyes and left, leaving me speachless. "Lex...." I turn to look at Jaden, wiping a tear from my cheeks. "If I date him, will I also have end up dead?" I asked in disbelief. "No, no. It's wasn't like that" Jack comforted me. "You shouldn't have mentioned her name" Josh growled. "What?" I turn to him. "Lisa Kendrick was Vinnie's last girlfriend. That douche bag Thomas, he is to blame for Lisa's death. Her and Vinnie got into a fight. She said it was over and walked away. Vinnie couldn't let her go not only because he loved her, but because, she knew too much. He had no option but to either murder Lisa or risk getting all of us in jail. Vinnie had no choice but to kill her. That's when, he found out that Lisa was telling all of his secrets to Thomas. How Vinnie was in the mafia. He grew angry and felt betrayed, so......

VINNIE'S POV

"...... he tried killing her. But, he missed his shot. He couldn't do that to the love of his life. So, Thomas did the job for him and killed Lisa and framed Vinnie. Vinnie went to jail but, luckily, police found him inocent on the murder of Lisa Kendrick. The case was closed because they couldn't find out who killed Lisa. But, 'til this day, Vinnie still waits every single morning, hoping Lisa would come back. Appreciate what he did for you. You're the first girl he asked on a date ever since Lisa, and now, never speak her name" Josh explained to Alexandra, while tears escaped my eyes. I burst into my room and sit in the corner and cried. I miss her so much. And it hurts so much when I think of her. In the middle of my crying session, someone knocked on the door. "Not now Josh" I assumed it was him. "I'm a woman to be a Josh" I look at the door and see Lex. "Sorry" I apologize to her, not even knowing why I was apologizing. "It's okay" she sits by the end of the bed, right in front of me. We sit in a silence for 5 seconds until "I came to talk to you" Alexandra starts. "I'm sorry I mentioned her name. I didn't knew who she was and now I understand. I'm sorry that I was ungrateful that you, protected me from Thomas. I didn't knew he was a horrendous human being. I'm sorry Vincent" I sniff and look at her. "It's okay. Maybe you were right on the part where I shouldn't of started the fight" I say. "Well, it wasn't really you, it was Josh who gave the push" She says and I chuckle. "Vinnie... look at me" I look at her as she came foward, kneeling down in front of me. "How long has it been since, that incident with Thomas and you know who?" She whispered. "2 years" I answer. "Hey, look, a wise kid once said 'you drown not by falling into the river but by staying submerged in it'" "who told you that?" I asked her. "I saw it in a movie. Tyler Rake: Extraction. Thought it was great advice and maybe, now is a good time to say it" She smiled. "But what is it supposed to mean?" I quizzed her. "It means that, the only reason you are in so much pain is because you didn't move on. You think you did but, you need to let go of that anger and rage and sadness inside of you. You can hide it behind a bad boy face but, by the mention of her name, you lose control. You need to let it go" She explains to me. "That is great advice" I tell her. "I know. Just, use it. Take it" She replies and gives me a hug, just what I need now.

————————————————————

Words: 704

A/n: I recommend watching the movie Tyler Rake: Extraction if you haven't already. It's on Netflix. And the quote, I honestly don't know who said it, I really did get it from the movie. But, uhm, maybe what 'Alexandra' explained from the quote might not be exactly what the person who said it wanted it to mean, I just put it like that because I think it has something to do with this situation Vinnie is going through. Hope you understood that.