ᵐⁱⁿᵉ // ˢ ᵐᵃⁿʲⁱʳᵒ

it is roughly 3 am, the time where you sneaked out of your own house to lay on the grass near the park with mikey. it was nothing important, but spending the time with him is.

you've got a crush on him for a while. i mean, who wouldn't like someone like him? he's respectful, and also kindhearted, any girl would fall for him. although he fights a lot- he still looks cool in your eyes.

but you never really thought about him liking you; it's almost impossible. thinking how he could like an average person like you-? it seems impossible.

"hey, mikey, what type of person do you like?" you asked.

"probably someone who's willing to take care someone as childish as me." he smiled as he looked to the stars.

"so you finally admitted that you're childish, eh?" you jokingly said as you extended your arm widely beside you.

"shut it, y/n-chan. i'm sleepy." he whined.

"hee- well it's dawn anyway so i couldn't agree more."

"i'm gonna sleep here, now and right here."

"eh- you can't do that! i'm not gonna leave you alone and how am i gonna carry you back to my house or yours!?" you got up and put your hand behind you for support.

"i was joking!" he got up too.

"well good then." you sighed in relief.

"the stars looked pretty today." mikey smiled as he moved closer to you and put his head on your lap.

"mikey? what are you doing?" you said; your heart beating faster than ever.

"i'm sorry. please let me do this for a while." he closed his eyes; enjoying the moment.

you stayed quite and watched his calmed figure sleeping right in your laps. you noticed how long his lashes actually are.. and it's beautiful. he's much much prettier when you looked at him closely.

"he needs to stop his sleeping habit honestly.." you sighed.

you couldn't help but stroke his soft hair with your fingers. his hair is perfect to play with. it's really soft..

mikey suddenly opened his eyes, which of course; startled you.

"hey, y/n. you like me, don't you?" mikey suddenly said as he got up slowly.

your eyes widen; hearing the words that came out from his lips. you looked down to your lap as you put your arm there.

"is it that obvious?" you replied.

"well, maybe?" he calmly replied.

"i'm sorry, this would just create an awkward tension between us. i kept this for a while and i don't wanna ruin our friendship, mikey." you explained carefully.

"well, what if i said i wanna ruin our friendship?" he said- with all seriousness in his eyes.

that's where you felt your heart dropped. well- you expected this would happen anyway.

"i understand. i am ready for this moment to come anyway." you faked a smile.

"y/n, i want our relationship to be more.. serious."

"what do you mean..?"

mikey pulled out his hand and interwined your hand with his as he looks at you deeply.

"i don't know too.. when i looked at you it feels like i wanna be the one who'll make you happy. the one who'll protect you. in my eyes, your smile is so beautiful that it could even make the flowers bloom. you shine so bright, even brighter than the sun. you're the light in a dark room. you're.. someone i fell for." he smiled.

"please tell me you're not joking."

"i'm serious y/n.."

"so you like me too?" you shyly said with a blush on your face.

"pfft- you should've seen how much of a blushing mess you are!"

"i- mikey! it's not the time to joke around!" you crossed your arm and pouted.

"stop it y/n-chan. you're too cute i might even die." he said as he faked a faint.

you giggled as you lay on the grass beside him.

"i love you." you said, turning your head to face mikey.

"no, i love you more." mikey replied as he pulled out his arm and put them on the back of your head as he pulled you to his chest.

"my heart is beating like crazy because of you." mikey said.

"yeah, i can hear that. but i'm glad it's not because of someone else." you giggled as you kept hearing his heartbeat.

"well, i don't think I'll fall for someone else other than you. you're literally so perfect, i bet even the angels are jealous of you." he smiled as he stroked your hair gently.

"since when are you this sweet, mikey?" you playfully hit his chest with your arm lightly. "i hope i'm the only one who'll see this side of you."

"you're the only one who could make me say something as sweet as this. back then I'd probably just thought about this as 'cringy' when my friends said it to their girlfriend." he said as he tucked your hair behind your ear.

"you're so beautiful." he said again as his cheeks tinted pink.

"look who's blushing now." you replied as you kissed his nose; which only made him blushed more.

"i wanna kiss you so bad." he suddenly said.

"that's very honest of you. go on then."

"you didn't even have to ask." he grinned.

he moved his head closer to you; to the point your forehead touches each other. how his beautiful eyes looked at you- full of love. you always waited for this moment to happen.

"i love you." he said as you felt his lips on your cheek.

"i thought you're gonna- nevermind." you looked down.

"what? kiss you on the lips?"

"stop teasing me you idio-"

you were cut off by a soft lips on your own. a kiss you never thought you needed so bad. you put your hand around his neck as he put his other hand on your jawline. you both pulled away to grab some air.

you wrapped your hand around his waist as he pulled you into a warm embrace.

"you're mine now."