ᶜʰⁱˡᵈʰᵒᵒᵈ // ᵗ ᵐⁱᵗˢᵘʸᵃ

going back to your home place is one of the best thing in the world. breathing the same fresh air as back then, it feels like you just stepped into a new world.

you extended your arm as you examined the whole place, feeling nostalgia. you've no choice but to attend school overseas for a few years, and finally you were back, feeling good as ever.

you took the bus and went into your old home.

---

you were done unpacking your stuffs and so you decided to go to the park, seeing back old memories you made when you were little with your neighbors.

time flies quickly, you assumed they had probably moved somewhere else; or they probably didn't recognize you anymore nor wanting to talk to you again.

you saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench with a smile on his face. you realized who it is, and out of reflex, your body moved itself and brought yourself to the purple haired guy.

he brought his head up as he felt someone's presence near him.

"do you need any help?"

ah, he didn't remember who you are.

it kinda stings, but you wouldn't complain. afterall you changed your look completely. you decided to let your hair grow, also putting on light makeup on your face.

"not really, can i sit here?" you asked in a polite tone.

he nodded as he scooted to the side, giving you space to sit in.

you took a seat beside him as you sighed.

"wanna hear a story?" you asked, knowing he'll probably agree.

"sure. i'm all ears."

"i had a friend back then. he was.. a pretty boy. and he's kind, i was bullied back then, and he decided to help me out without thinking twice. he didn't hesitate to be my friend at all, when the others are trying to avoid me as much as they could. let's say my family isn't perfect, but he made me feel like home. weird, but that's just who he is. he always brought me to his house just so i can feel how having a family is like. and how he said he's going to ask me as his girlfriend when he's older. and it's miserable that he couldn't even remember his future 'girlfriend' now." you said in a sarcastic tone.

"wait, y/n?!" mitsuya said as his eyes widened.

"that's me." you pointed yourself dramatically.

"i didn't know you'd be back!" he said, pulling you into a hug.

"mhm, i got bored." you returned the hug as mitsuya put his head on your shoulder, you patting his head in response.

"where do you stay at now?" he asked in a worried tone.

"my old home. my grandma has been taking care of the house really well. wanna come over?" you asked.

"of course." he smiled as he got up from the bench, taking out his hand for me to take it.

you gladly accepted as he intertwined his fingers with yours as you both made your way to your old home.

you both talked for a while, catching up with each other as you told him your experience about studying aboard, and how he told you a lot has changed since you left for your studies.

and before you knew it, you arrived home already.

"ah, mitsuya-kun. i haven't seen you for so long." grandma said as he gave him a quick hug.

"grandma, we just met last month." he chuckled as he took a seat on the living room.

"wait, wait, last month?" you said in a surprised tone.

"oh, you didn't know? he always come over to chat every month." your grandma replied as she put down the tea on the table before walking back to the kitchen with an empty tray in her hand.

"you did that?" you asked mitsuya again.

"yeah, incase you went back here, right? we didn't got each other's contact.." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"ah, yeah. i was about to ask for your contact but i didn't expect you'd still be in this neighborhood!" you said happily as you took out your phone, him doing the same.

"i was kinda hopeless, you know? i guess my prayers are finally being heard now." he chuckled.

you both switched contacts before you and mitsuya decided to excuse yourself to your room.

you reached out the doorknob, opening it slowly as he smiled, looking at the sight of your room.

"don't be a pervert!" you warned mitsuya.

"heck no. i always came here since i was little. nothing changed, huh?" he ruffles your hair.

"hey, i just did my hair!" you said as you tackled him to the floor.

you fell on top of him, starring at his eyes for a brief second before you finally noticed your position and quicky got up.

"i'm sorry." you quickly said.

he got up from the floor too as he muttered a sorry too, his cheeks tinted red, and yours aren't any different.

"mitsuya, i-"

"y/n."

"yes?"

"can i be yours?"

he finally said it. you stayed silence for a second, still processing what he said. you knew you and him only met for a few hours now after a while, but the second you see him, you already felt comfortable. you'd be awkward with someone you met after some time, but with mitsuya, it was comfortable silence.

he made you feel at ease, he's still the same as ever. he still made your heart flutters everytime he looks at you, or how he always made you feel like you were the happiest person.

"is that even a question?"