ᶠᵃᵛᵒᵘʳ // ᵗ ᵐⁱᵗˢᵘʸᵃ

it was regular school days and to your luck, you have gym class today. the coach instructed you to ran at the jogging track for at least 5 laps to keep your body healthy, but at this point it's just straight up torture for you.

under the bright sunlight, it feels like hell, well not as worse as hell, but the weather is making it feel like hell.

running for 5 laps had never been this tiring for you. not only the sun that made you more tired than ever, you could hear a few girls snickering on your back, anxiety creeping around you as you ran faster.

complaining wouldn't even help a thing, you kept running and what you didn't realize that there's a literal rock that made you twisted your ankle. and god who knows how a rock was there.

mitsuya, who were running near you quicky stops in his track as he jogs towards you.

well, shit.

you muttered.

"hey, are you okay?" mitsuya asked in a soft tone. "ah, you twisted your ankle, right? this must've hurted."

what he said wasn't truly wrong, but wasn't fully true either. it does hurt so bad but all of them was covered by embarrassment. i mean, who wouldn't be embarrassed if you fell down in front of someone you barely know?

it's great that they have good intentions to help you but at this point you wished no one would even care. oh, how you wish to disappear from this planet and move to mars now, but all of that only happens in fiction books.

"no, it doesn't hurt. i'm good, you can continue running." you quickly said as you tried to got up, and fail miserably.

you winced at the pain as mitsuya looks at you with a concerned look

"judging by how you're pushing me away, you probably don't like me." he chuckled. "well let me help you just this once, yeah?"

mitsuya said as he crouched in front of you, telling you to get on his back so he could carry you to the nurses office.

being left with no choice, you agreed.

---

"you should let it rest for a few days and then you can go do normal activities again. and thank you for helping her, mitsuya."

"no worries, and i'll let our homeroom teacher know to let her rest here for a while." mitsuya said as he gave the nurse a gentle smile.

"ah, you are reliable. as expected from the head of home economics club. i forgot i had something urgent to do, mitsuya-kun, you don't mind taking care of y/n-chan for a bit, right? just until i get back and we gotta make sure she doesn't run away or anything." the nurse said, giving you a wink as you scrunched your eyebrows in return.

"no, no. i don't mind at all. take your time." mitsuya waved to the nurse as the nurse takes her leave.

"she'll be back in no time, you can sleep while you wait. i won't do anything." mitsuya reassured.

"no, i'm not sleepy. and i don't hate you. it was embarassing back there." you gave him a side smile.

"i'm not gonna tell anyone, don't worry." mitsuya smiled as his eyes locked into yours, his hand making it's way to your hand as he held them safely in his.

he rubbed circles on the back of your hand, telling you that he's being sincere.

ah, how this feels nice.

you hated it when someone just randomly touches you,

but when mitsuya does, somehow it feels like the whole world just stopped for a while,

how it always makes your heart warm, filled with love and happiness.

it felt safe.

it's a strange feeling, but it's indeed a comfortable feeling.

you muttered a thank you as mitsuya lets go of your hand.

his gaze moved to the opened window with some fresh air filling the nurse office as he parted his lips to say a few words.

"hey, since i helped you this time.. don't you think you owe me a favour?"

"so you're helping me because you wanted something in return?" you sighed.

"pfft— maybe?"

"so mitsuya takashi isn't as nice as people said." you rolled your eyes as you crossed your hand.

"let me be selfish this once." he said, averting his gaze back to you. "come on, don't be mad." he chuckled as his hand flew to your face,

he tucked your hair behind your ear as he gave you a soft smile.

"fine, what do you want?"

"just go on a date with me once you recovered. how does that sound to you?"