ᵇⁱʳᵗʰᵈᵃʸ // ʰ ᵗᵃᵏᵉᵐⁱᶜʰⁱ

"y/n, takemichi's calling for you outside." hina said as she pointed to the classroom's door; giving you a clue on where takemichi is.

"thank you, hina." you said, slightly bowing your head to thank her before you went outside to see takemichi.

"y/n, h-happy birthday!" takemichi said as he extended his hand, handing you a heart-shaped box.

"heart-shaped box?" you smiled.

"i'm sorry, is it cringy? i asked my friend for a suggestion and yea-" he scratches his head.

"no, no. i find it cute, especially if it's coming from you." you grinned, opening the box, leaving a little gap as you peeked inside. furrowing your eyebrows, you got impatient and opened the box fully.

a beautiful bracelet was inside as takemichi's name is engraved into it. you looked at him as you put on the bracelet on you, showing it to takemichi proudly.

"it fits perfectly! don't you think so too?" you tilted your head; looking at the bracelet more detailed.

"well, anything looks perfect to you! and i.." he opened his mouth, closing it again in hesitation whether to continue his sentence or not.

you asked him what's wrong.

"i actually brought a matching one.. and i don't wanna make you uncomfortable by using your name engraved on my bracelet."

"you're worrying about that? i'm beyond happy to have a matching bracelet with you!" you chuckled as you reached out your hand to his hair; slightly messing it up as takemichi blushed, trying to fix his hair after.

he's always so cute when he's flustered.

"ano, y/n, are you busy tonight? maybe you're having a family dinner and all.." he asked.

"uh, not exactly. i'm having my birthday dinner tomorrow. do you need anything?"

"no, no! no worries.. haha, i'm just.. asking out of curiosity."

"hmm.. is that so."

---

"y/n, your friend is meeting you outside!" your mom yelled as she rushed to your room to call you; not wanting for your friend to wait any longer.

"yeah yeah, i'm coming.." you said, lazily getting out of bed as you brought your legs to the cold floor.

who could be coming here at this time? and who's about to meet you anyway?

thought all your friends were busy

you walked to the front door, to your surprise, takemichi is waiting there patiently.

"takemichi?" you asked.

he's wearing a casual t-shirt and pants, hands in his pocket, he looked like he was checking if the thing he's keeping inside his pocket is still there.

"ah, y/n! can i take you to the amusement park tonight?" he said, scratching his hair.

your mom, who's listening to the conversation, lightly nuzzles your arm as she gave you a smirk.

"y/n, go get your man." she whispered.

"mom!" you said, pushing her away so she wouldn't listen any further. it'd be embarrassing.

"fine. you came to my house so just take this as an appreciation, okay?" you sighed.

"yes ma'am!"

to be honest, you're really happy that he asked, but you're too embarrassed to say so, in reality, you felt like you're in cloud 9.

quickly went back to your room and changed to proper clothings before letting your hair flow down to your shoulder.

you grabbed your mini-bag, stuffing your wallet and other things needed before heading out.

you and takemichi walked to the park, as it was not that far to your house. he brought a ticket for two, you thanking him. you wanted to pay him back, but of course, he refused; you gave up.

"should we ride the ferris wheel?" he asked.

"mhm, that's the main point on why i'm going here." you smiled.

both of you got inside the ferris wheel, your ride going to the top slowly.

you looked at takemichi, him showing an uneasy expression. you sat beside him, and you took out your hand; putting them on top of his as you lightly squeezes his hand.

"you're scared of height, aren't ya?" you asked.

"huh? of course n-not! why would i be.." he awkwardly smiled, with terrified eyes.

you lightly pushed him; teasing him. he screamed like a big baby.

"pfft- im sorry." you laughed, holding your stomach to hold yourself from laughing. "i'm sorry you're just really cute." you wiped your tear off your eye.

he sighed, giving you a smile.

"you smiled." 

"huh?"

"no, no. nothing.." 

he held your hand, locking your fingers with his. you layed your head on his shoulder, just looking at the scenery. 

"the city is really pretty." you said; admiring the view.

"you know you're prettier." he shrugged.

"okay, that's cheesy." you giggled as you poked his cheek.

"i'm just trying to make you happy!" he pouted.

you smiled, bringing your free hand to ruffle his hair.

"being with you makes me beyond happy."

"stop making my heart beat like crazy, y/n. i might just die."

"and i'll die with you."

"i love you."

"that's it?!"

"i love you too, hanagaki takemichi."