ᵗʰᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢ // ʰ ʳⁱⁿᵈᵒᵘ

you were visiting rindou's house; both of you are going to do a school.project together. the assignment are due tomorrow, but considering how disorganized this guy could be, you decided to do it early.

took you a long time to convince him to do the project earlier, but he finally gave up and agreed. you stood on his doorstep; droplets of waters from the sky started to pour down, you're lucky to arrive before the rain got harder.

you put out your hand and rang the doorbell. after a while, the door opened; showing a tall figure. you expected rindou would be the one answering the door, but i guess you were wrong.

"ah, y/n, it's rare to see you coming here." he smiled with his half-lidded eyes.

the guy is taller than you, the way he looked down at you still made you a bit scared everytime.

ran and rindou knows you pretty well. and you knew where their house was because the three of you were childhood friends. well, you didn't know ran that well since you were closer to rindou. and you rarely pay a visit to their house so it kinda surprised ran to see you around other than at school.

"i have a school project to do with rindou." you slightly backed away.

"ah, i see." he shortly said before rindou finally appeared behind him.

rindou quickly pushed his brother away.

"sorry for my brother." he said, looking annoyed.

"i didn't know you made some friends." his brother chuckled.

he clicked his tongue as he quickly grabbed your wrist and pulled you inside his house, leading you to his room in a quick pace to do the project quickly.

he told you to took a seat anywhere, and so you took a seat on the floor, your back leaning to his bed.

"what's this school project about anyway?" he asked.

"it's about—"

you were cut off by the sound of a thunder. of course, it's raining. you flinched by the sound and quickly covered your ears with your hands.

you were always scared of thunders.

usually rindou would feel his adrenaline rush when he sees someone trembling, eyes full of fear, or he heard someone screaming in pain infront of him. but if it's you, it always made him feel worried.

he didn't know what made him feel like that, but if it's you, his gaze would always soften, how he would feel safe and comfortable, how he could feel his days got so much better when you're around, or when his heart would beat like crazy when you're near him.

you were so precious to him, he's ready to put his own life ahead in order to protect you. you are that precious to this guy.

he quickly grabbed his headphone. he touched your hand gently and moved them away from your ear slowly as he replaced them with his headphone to block other sounds.

he plugged the headphone to his phone and placed a song to distract you as he moved closer to you. he moved his hand and wrapped them around your shoulder; his other hand snaked around your head and puts your head on his chest to reassure you and tell you that he's there for tou unconsciously.

he stroked your hair gently and rubbed circles on your back as he embraced you, safe in his arms. you calmed yourself down after a few minutes and removed the headphone and gave it back to rindou.

"i'm sorry, i'm always scared of thunde—"

"no, it's okay. i know why." he smiled as he pats your head.

"let's do the project another time, yeah? we can watch movies so you could calm yourself down fully."

"okay.."

---

both of you were watching a movie together; rindou putting the volume slightly louder than usual so it would distract you if there's sounds of thunder.

after an hour watching, you felt your eyelids got heavier and heavier. rindou noticed as your head bops up and down, trying your hardest to stay awake since you could've fallen asleep any second.

rindou giggled at you. he thought this was cute. he snaked his arm around your shoulder; he puts your head on his shoulder as you drifted off to sleep.

he kissed your forehead as he lays you down on his bed carefully; not wanting you to wake up from your sleep. he pulled his blanket so you wouldn't feel cold.

he leaned down and kissed your forehead before caressing your cheeks with his thumb; mesmerized by your pretty features.

he smiled and whispered a good night before turning off the light and slept on the floor; he doesn't care if he feels uncomfortable, he just wanted you to be safe, that's why he chose to sleep near you, in case there's another thunder waking you up.