ᵖᵉᵗ ˢʰᵒᵖ // ᵏ ᵇᵃʲⁱ

spoiler warning!

"baji, you're still going to fight toman?" you said; your fingers in baji's hair, braiding them.

"yep, kisaki needs to know his place." baji said, using the strength in his arms to open a pack of peyoung yakisoba.

"why don't you tell them your plan? i mean- i'm sure they'd believe you.."

"i have my own plans, y/n. don't worry."

you finished braiding his hair, smelling a familiar scent of a certain food. you looked at baji, who's now ready to eat the peyoung yakisoba he took from your kitchen.

"hey! that's unfair, i want some peyoung too!" you said, crouching beside him.

"too bad this is the last one." he shrugged as he took a bite in front of you.

"wow, the disrespect." you playfully rolled your eyes.

"i'm joking, we'll split in half." he grinned, he leaned in and kissed your cheeks as his hand travelled to your head, gently patting it.

you grab some chopsticks and ate some peyoung, the taste lingered in your mouth. it has always tasted better when you're splitting it with baji. who knows what kind of magic he casted, but with a certain person, everything is great.

"haa.. this is always soo delicious." you smiled, giving him a little dance as you savour the taste.

"heh, at least don't eat it messily." baji sighed, extending his hand to your face.

he cupped his hand on your cheek, brushing his finger on the side of your lips to wipe the sauce away.

"the next time you're eating peyoung, don't be messy, 'kay? some day you'll share it with someone else."

"huh? so you're refusing to share yours with me?"

"no, no. not like that. well- it's nothing important.. just learn how to take care of yourself when i couldn't be there for you."

"what do you mean?"

"no, nothing. just.. you know, take care of yourself. i couldn't be there for you all the time."

"stop saying weird things, baji. what are you trying to do?"

"nope, i'm not trying to do anything. don't worry about me."

"you're not gonna leave me, right?

"no, of course not. not until we have a pet shop together. 𝙞 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚."

---

so that's what he meant.

you kneeled in front of the gray stone, a beautiful name carved there.

𝙗𝙖𝙟𝙞 𝙠𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚

a boy who's once yours.

a boy whom you made a promise with,

but now what? he just left you there, kneeling with no urge of moving away.

baji isn't the type of person to break his promise, but he did.

how are you going to take care of yourself after knowing all of this?

"i hate you.. baji." you smiled. tears forming in your eyes, the feelings you've been holding finally came out. you were devastated as ever. "oh look what we became."

"y/n-san?" chifuyu said, an umbrella on top of your head.

"chifuyu. hey.. again." 

"y/n-san, you're really gonna get sick if you're staying any longer." he said, concern in his tone.

"i know you missed baji-san, i do too. but we gotta accept this, you know? he doesn't want you to be sad, right!?" chifuyu crouched beside you, placing a half-eaten peyoung in front of his grave.

"let's take care of you now first, okay?" chifuyu smiled, placing his hand on your shoulder.

"chifuyu, what should i do without him?" you asked, your tears finally coming out now. you looked to the ground, tears mixing with the rain.

"continue living and pursue his dream.. working at a pet shop, we can make them our own!" he grinned as he puts his hand inside his hoodie's pocket, looking for something.

he took out a piece of paper, proudly showing it to you.

"see? me and baji-san planned out the whole layout for the pet shop. one day we'll make it real." he said, pointing his fingers to the paper as he explained detailedly.

you chuckled as you grab the paper from him.

"sure. but first we gotta fix a few things too.. like this one in here? it doesn't make sense!"

"sure, but let's take care of you first, okay? baji-san won't like you to be sick! he could haunt me." chifuyu said, hugging himself as he shivers with the thought of it.

"mhm.. yeah." 

to be honest, chifuyu were also devastated with baji's death. though, he wanted to look okay in front of you, just because baji wanted him to take care of you as his figure.

baji had expected every single thing that'd happen, he's well aware you wouldn't be okay, so he told chifuyu to do so.

seeing you completely fine made baji happy. he's always on your side, and he's always there to protect you. though, now along with chifuyu.

"thank you, chifuyu."

his last words,

were meant to have more than one meaning.