ᵒⁿᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳ // ⁱ ʷᵃᵏᵃˢᵃ

today is supposed to be you and wakasa's 3 year anniversary. but also your 1 year break up anniversary. long story short, you broke up with him because he barely had time for you. sometimes he wouldn't even be home for a week and you and your mind just kept telling you he's seeing another girl, no matter how much you deny it, it's just your stupid thoughts.

you thought you would understand that he's busy, but sometimes when your life wasn't at the best, he isn't even there to comfort you. he was your one and only, and you were just pissed for the fact that he couldn't be there for you all the time. and why don't you just find another man? simple. you can't. this man made you feel things you don't even understand yourself. it's like you'd always come back to him. even though both of you didn't contact each other for a year, you still love him. and here you are, celebrating your one year break up anniversary without him.

it has always a thing for you and wakasa to bake a cake every anniversary for you both. and both of you would eat a lollipop while watching a movie together. normally, people would watch a movie with a popcorn or snacks but you and wakasa just being is pretty.. unique.

you went around the supermarket for baking ingredients and eventually found them. took you quite a while to find the exact same ingredients as you always used, but you managed to do it anyway. and now the last thing.. candies. something that always reminds you of wakasa until now. and even until now, you still remember which flavour he likes the most.

you went to the candy rack and looked around before finally finding the exact same one as wakasa always bought and to your luck, it was the last pack. you grabbed the candy when someone took them at the same time. a familiar hand. you looked to see whose hand it was and you were right.. it was wakasa's.

you widened your eye in surprise; you weren't expecting that you'd met him after all these times. but what can you say, it is a local supermarket anyway. you quickly pulled your hand away from the candy as you lowered your head.

"i'm sorry. you can have it." you said; also seeing a glimpse of the cart he's bringing, also full of baking ingredients.

"i didn't know I'd meet you here." he shortly said; a lollipop inside his mouth.

"it would be nice to take the lollipop out before talking." you said in a low tone.

"can we.. talk?"

---

and now you found yourself sitting face to face with your ex in a cafe. you ordered a matcha latte as he ordered the same. within some time, both of your orders came.

"what do you wanna talk about?" you asked him as you took out your hand and grabbed the matcha latte before finally trying a taste.

"i'll go straight to the point. i still love you, y/n." wakasa said; his half lidded eyes looking at you with all seriousness.

"pardon?" you asked once again, you thought you were just hearing things.

"i still love you. and i want us to go back together." he replied.

"are you being serious right now?"

he nodded.

"well heck yeah! i still love you too. i don't know what spell you casted to the point i couldn't even move on for a year." you said; you couldn't help but bring a smile on your lips.

oh how he missed those smile. a smile that could lighten his little world. maybe you thought your smile wasn't even important, but to him, it was one of the most beautiful thing in the world. you were the light of his world.

"that easy? you're still as honest as ever."

"well do you want me to reject you?!"

"well, no. what were you doing at the supermarket?"

"well— this is embarrassing but i only brought ingredients to bake a cake, like we always do at our anniversary.." you said; blush filling your cheeks.

you could've sworn you heard him chuckle, you quickly stood up in response.

"hey! don't laugh!" you said as his face were back to his tired expression.

"if i were laughing then it means i was laughing at myself too."

"so you mean.."

"shut up." he replied.

"ah, do you remember the karaoke place that just opened around here?" you asked him in an excited tone as your eyes brightens up.

"yeah." he said, getting up from his seat; knowing what you'd do next.

"yeah, what are you waiting for?!" you said as you grabbed his hand and brought him to the karaoke place with you.

after a few minutes of running, you got into the karaoke place with him. you booked a room for 2 hours as you quickly took a seat and look for songs to play.

you were finding the songs when suddenly you felt a hand snaking around your neck; a weight on your shoulder. hugging you from behind.

"wakasa? are you okay?" you asked him as you raised your hand to pat his head.

"i'm sorry. i just missed you so bad.." he pulled away with a flushed face.

you not wanting to miss the opportunity to see his blushing face, quickly cupped his face in your hand as you smiled at him.

"you look so cute when you're blushing!" you said as you brought your lips to his nose.

"i miss you too." you smiled; your hands still cupping his cheeks.

"mm, sure." he replied as he cupped your cheeks with his hand too before leaning in to give you a peck.

and now it's you who's blushing.

"well isn't this too quick for people who just started dating again?" you asked him.

"well let's just say this is our 3 year anniversary then." he said; hugging you once again.

"you know, i couldn't even sleep well without you. now that i have more time from works, will you restart things with me?"